AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

And so it begins....

"O'Neal tweeted his dislike for the trade as soon as it happened, and the criticism continued.

During an appearance, Shaq was asked this question, according to the Los Angeles Times, "Any comments about the subpar junior Superman coming from Orlando to Los Angeles trying to follow your career path?" (O'Neal, of course, spent the first four years of his career with the Magic before winning three titles in eight years with the Lakers.)

His reply: "I have three sons, and I always tell them that if you want to call yourself big then you have big shoes to fill. Anybody who calls himself big has big shoes to fill. Right now, he's off pace. He has to get himself on pace if he wants to call himself big."

http://www.ksdk.com/usatoday/sports/56968994/Shaq-Barkley-weigh-in-on-Dwight-Howard-trade?usatref=sportsmod

-iPhone

Where do you hear that?

Just something I think we will do, a lot of sights are reporting were not done yet and are likely gonna use a lot of are players as trade bait for drafts picks and too roster room because right now were at 18.

I could see us trading harrington for jose calderon

me too, another player involved too as I don't think Toronto will take only Harrington, maybe redick or qrich

• Upvote 1

I wonder if we could snag Reggie Jackson from OKC with Maynor returning and maybe Fisher.

Maybe. But I think they will be interested in Cory Joseph from SA, too. He put on a really good performance in Vegas with Jacque Vaughn at the helm. The Spurs also have until early October to decide whether or not to pick up his option, so they might be looking to trade him before then.

Marc, this is the best idea ever....... Seriously. Its clean, its make the statement clear and there is no malicious intent.

Its just a simple statement of "You turned your back on us, and now we are returning the favor"

I would drive to Orlando from Charlotte just to participate. And if I could take it one small step forward in this awesome statement gesture:

I think it would be even better, if everyone brought in their old D12 attire (shirts, Jerseys, etc). And then hold them in front of you up as they start the Lakers roll call.

When the announcer starts to mention the 6"10 Center, we all drop the item we are holding in front of us to the floor and then turn our backs.

On the way out we can all then toss them in the Arenas garbage, and call it a day. Man I can picture a couple thousand of people doing this, everyone drops their trash and turns on him..... it would be Epic.

May I add the theme of the night should be LOYALTY NIGHT. Everybody gets blue and white shirts that have LOYALTY ON FRONT COWARD ON BACK so he sees it when everyone turns their back!
  • Upvote 3

I could see us trading harrington for jose calderon

Not sure if Toronto would do it, unless they really think Harrington can be a spark off the bench. While he can be bought out, I think the 3 years he has left will scare some teams off.