Catalina Maria

Dwight Howard Appreciation Thread

I appreciate what you brought to this team, what you did for us. You did make us proud. We chose a high school kid and people thought the Magic were crazy. We believed in you Dwight. We built you. We made you. I remember watching you from your first rookie game, way up to the breakout as a top-3 center, then all of a sudden a top 2/3 All-NBA player. We cheered you on, we carried the Magic and D12 flags with pride.

I'm not gonna go crazy and throw alphabetical bombs on you, but I will say that the way you Magic tenure ended, the 9 months leading up to it, is one of the most disappointing circus acts I've ever witnessed. Quite possibly the most humiliating and heart breaking divorce in all of sports. Not just in the US, but globally. This isn't the Dwight the city of Orlando and its worldwide fans came to cheer for. That we loved.

16 years ago I read headlines that another Magic center joined the Lakers. I was stunned. I felt betrayed for years after it. We all did, Magic fans all did. Now however, when I woke up and saw the headlines, the rumors and then finally the confirmation, that you had been traded to LA... I was just disappointed, Dwight. I was disappointed that you had to go out this way. I however was much, much more relieved it was all over, because you had dragged us through the most ridiculous rollercoaster ride ever imaginable.

It's over.

I won't wish you well with the Lakers, I just won't support you in LA. I will never support you again. I will however say thank you for your time here. As a Magic fan, I've been way ready to move on for quite a few months now as you've made it clear that you don't want to be a part of this team, this city or this fanbase.

I bled blue before you even thought about putting on a Magic jersey and I will bleed blue when you take your jersey off for the last time, what ever jersey that may be. I will still have my Magic pride.

The time has come.

Goodbye, Dwight.

• Upvote 3

Dwight while I understand and appreciate your right to leave the Magic, I think your actions were less than honorable. You insisted that the Magic firea great coach who really like the Magic and wanted to stay here. Stan stood up for you and paid many fines defending you and what did you do? You gave the Magic fan false hope by signing an extension. You threw us all under the bus. Now thanks to you, I do not hate Lebron now. You have that honor. It is my hope that you never win a ring.

I appreciate the first seven years of his career here.. "the dunk" against San Antonio in '07, The slam dunk contests, winning our first playoff series in many years against Toronto, winning the division, two eastern finals, an NBA Finals, burying the Hawks six feet under and perthaps the highlight was crushing the Cavs to get to those Finals.. hey. We had fun. Unfortunately we didn't get the title or titles we had hoped.. but quite frankly maybe in all these years the Magic FO should of done more than what.. get Rashard Lewis and replace Hedo with VC?

However, of course, for the last two summers and the crap season in between, Dwight can piss off. Not sure I see this ending well for the Lakers between Dwight's back and his general diva attitude, certainly less likely than when they picked up Shaq. But we'll see.

Big picture. Don't care about my Dwight jersey, don't care about my poster.. but what the heck am I gonna do with my sig?? (Since everyone loves me having it, i shouldn't change it, etc.)

P.S. If I change it, 90% chance it would be Nelson.. or something for the whole team, if not.

Dwight has humiliated himself, betrayed his image, and proven that there are even fewer honorable athletes in the world of professional sports than the miniscule number originally believed to be true.

Next year, I will be the guy in row 4 wearing a #12 Magic jersey with the name "COWARD" on it.

Anybody with enough time and understanding of the internet, I will personally fund the creation of www.dwightCoward.com. Our empire will be endless.

Hard to say thanks to someone who kicks your team in the groin over and over again during his last year. Until he massively apologizes for acting like such a self-centered jerk, which I doubt he will, he'll get no love from me.

Dwight has humiliated himself, betrayed his image, and proven that there are even fewer honorable athletes in the world of professional sports than the miniscule number originally believed to be true.

Next year, I will be the guy in row 4 wearing a #12 Magic jersey with the name "COWARD" on it.

Anybody with enough time and understanding of the internet, I will personally fund the creation of www.dwightCoward.com. Our empire will be endless.

Welcome home, you banch

Good riddance to the what will be if not already the Most hated Magic player of all time. Oh yeah good Riddance again. Go become the 3rd option in LA.

Thanks doing as much damage as possible to the fans and city that took a chance on you and watched you grow to the powerhouse you are. It's like a son moving away to college who, instead of saying good-bye to mom and dad, burns their house down and sh*ts on the door stoop.