Catalina Maria

Dwight Howard Appreciation Thread

I wish him the best of health... seriously. I want to watch him blowing playoff games/series from the line year after year for his whole career.

The west will play hack-a-Dwight and keep the Lakers from ever being the dominant team they are on paper.

I wish him the best of health... seriously. I want to watch him blowing playoff games/series from the line year after year for his whole career.

The west will play hack-a-Dwight and keep the Lakers from ever being the dominant team they are on paper.

mike brown will help him with that. :tongue:

mike brown will help him with that. :tongue:

We should start a poll on how long it will take for Brown to get fired. I'm sure he's ecstatic to get the chance to coach the diva formerly known as Dwight Howard. The man already had Kobe and Artest; 2 guys that are not exactly easy to coach. If he had hair, he would probably be ripping it out 20 games into the season.

I usually don't read Yahoo.com's Kelly Dwyer, but I admit that I loved reading this segment of a recent article:

Because he's a phony, you know. He lied to all of you about "loyalty," last March. Lied. To. You. Looked in the camera and lied to you, whether you live in either Florida or California's Orange County, or you're reading this site from a time zone that has you up at four in the morning. Dwight Howard lied to you on record and in writing, whether you're a fan of the Magic or not, about what he really wanted. He lied to his teammates, he lied to his front office, he lied to the press that had to show up to talk to him in March, and he lied to the children that he couldn't muster up the courage to face at a camp their parents paid money for them to attend. Overwrought, this? No. For one last time, revisit the nonsense that he's created. Say goodbye to it, as he's off to El Lay, but don't forgive it.

He is a spoiled, immature, brat. And for all the condemnation that LeBron James endured from 2009-11 for his work before and following The Decision, or criticism Kobe Bryant took in during his trade demand waffling in 2007, or criticism any number of NBA stars have received following their destruction of a coach or teammate's career or franchise's decade — Howard has been worse. You're not reading some in-the-moment hack that forgets that sporting life existed before 2012. It's this bad. Dwight Howard should be ashamed of himself, and yet he's about to receive the greatest reward in his profession. And now we have to deal with the fact that a person that should be the league's most-loathed player is on a team featuring giants of basketball spirit like Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/los-angeles-lakers-acquire-dwight-howard-because-nba-135357490--nba.html

I usually don't read Yahoo.com's Kelly Dwyer, but I admit that I loved reading this segment of a recent article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/los-angeles-lakers-acquire-dwight-howard-because-nba-135357490--nba.html

Like I said earlier in this thread, can anyone think of any player in any sport that has ever been as bad to a team as Dwight has been to the Magic this last year?

I don't know if anyone has posted this article by Ken Berger of CBSSportsline.com

Joining Kobe, Nash, Gasol in L.A., time for Howard to act like a champion

I'm not here to tell you the Magic could've done better for Dwight Howard, because that's not my business. That's theirs. If there's an opinion to be had about the trade that sent Howard to the Lakers on Friday -- other than thanking the basketball gods that this fiasco finally is over –- it has to do with what it means for Howard's future as a ringmaker in L.A.

Not a ringleader, mind you. Not a class clown. A champion.

Howard joining Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol in L.A. means the time has come for him to stop acting like a chump and start acting like a champ.

Well, it's better or worse, depending on what Howard wants out of this. If he wants to live up to the expectations and pressure of delivering Kobe Bryant's sixth championship on his broad shoulders, then this is the best possible outcome. If he's going to delight in the creative playmaking of Nash as a significant step up from wandering around aimlessly and making fart jokes with Jameer Nelson, then great -- this is ideal.

If he's going to wear the Lakers' purple and gold proudly and embrace the dignified, championship confines of Staples Center -- the star-studded crowd, the curtain coming down at center court during intros, the heavenly voice of P.A. man Lawrence Tanter -- then again, I offer my applause. If carrying the torch for the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and, yes, Shaquille O'Neal, in Lakers lore is what Howard was after here, then he found it -- in helpings as big and broad as he is.

But -- and this is where it gets interesting -- if Howard just wants to carry on as the life of the party, clowning and joking and assuming everything will take care of itself, then he'll quickly learn that he's shown up at a formal dance wearing cowboy boots and stirrups. If he thought he was simply trading Disney World and Epcot for Disneyland and Universal, then he's got another thing coming.

Bryant has never suffered fools easily, and in his 17th season with his physical prowess diminished but his competitive flame burning hotter than ever, his patience for the kind of childishness Howard has often displayed will be especially thin. With Shaq, Bryant had to combat an alpha personality that rivaled his own. With Howard, he'll need to hire camp counselors.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19769706/joining-kobe-nash-gasol-in-la-time-for-howard-to-act-like-a-champion

Did I love the years he was here? Yes I did. Did I love the years Before he was here? Yes I did. I will also love the years without him here. I do not appreciate Dwight because Dwight is about Dwight. The real ones in need of appreciation threads are the Jameer Nelsons, who dispite the turmoil wants to lead this team. JJ who continuously talks about being loyal to the city that has been loyal to him and wants to retire with us. So good bye Dwight have a great time in a place that only loves you when your good.

• Upvote 1

Put your hate aside for a moment and thank the man for some wonderful years. He took us to the playoffs when he had a good team and made a run at a ring. The man was a beast and brought a lot of smiles and hapiness.

While I don't wish him the best and I hope they lose to the Thunder in the WCF next year, I do want to thank him for his career here

That attitude condones players like Dwight leaving their teams. He deserves nothing but vehement hatred (same still applies to Shaq) in hopes that he eventually one day realizes that his actions negatively affected other people. If I had the opportunity to says something to Hyped Coward I'd gladly tell him that the next NBA Lockout or contraction of an NBA team will occur because of his actions and immaturity.

I'm sorry but Dwight shouldn't be bashed, management should. They continually over spent on players who were past their prime. If I was Howard I would want out too. He was stuck in the worst spot being a 4th or 5th seed for the next 3 years. Every team around him was getting better and younger and our cap kept going up. Dwight Howard leaving was the only way to fix this mess and it may suck for a couple years but I feel like we have the right management in place not to make the same mistakes again(Alex martins needs to go).

I thank Dwight for the run he gave us and watching him develop and his personality has been great over the years. I wish we could have built a better team around him and kept him here his whole career but I honestly hope he beats the Heats ass next year. I am looking forward to this rebuilding and can't wait to see what Hennigan has in store for us!

I'm sorry but Dwight shouldn't be bashed, management should. They continually over spent on players who were past their prime. If I was Howard I would want out too. He was stuck in the worst spot being a 4th or 5th seed for the next 3 years. Every team around him was getting better and younger and our cap kept going up. Dwight Howard leaving was the only way to fix this mess and it may suck for a couple years but I feel like we have the right management in place not to make the same mistakes again(Alex martins needs to go).

I thank Dwight for the run he gave us and watching him develop and his personality has been great over the years. I wish we could have built a better team around him and kept him here his whole career but I honestly hope he beats the Heats ass next year. I am looking forward to this rebuilding and can't wait to see what Hennigan has in store for us!

I think people are upset over how he acted and left versus the fact that he left. Had he acted professionally about it, people would have been sad that he left, but not mad at him.