Sign in to follow this  
TheOrlandoTragic

Glen Davis has truly been something special.

When I heard we were acquiring Big Baby, I was less than thrilled, largely due to a still lingering sour taste in my mouth from his buzzer beater against us in 2009.

But wow.. this guy has come into this city and really just embraced it. He has become a locker room leader virtually overnight, and he has a great vision for the future. Additionally, he is very active in the community, and seems to genuinely care about Orlando.

Apparently he was sitting in the room today during Jacque Vaughn's introductory press conference. How awesome is that? The dude is a class act and I would be crushed if we got rid of him. If we're rebuilding anyway, why not rebuild with a dude that is as passionate and genuine as Big Baby.

Ok, I'm done ranting.

• Upvote 8

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555

#Magic PF @iambigbaby11 on JV: "While he was on that podium motivating, you want to hear that. You want to hear your coach motivating."

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555

More #Magic @iambigbaby11 on JVaughn:"It's definitely a blessing to be in a situation like this with a guy who has a huge upside as a coach"

anyone who's bored today, here's a nyce little read on Glen Davis by Denton.

Davis can’t wait to get started working with Vaughn, whom he thinks will be a big hit as a head coach because of his basketball smarts, strong communication skills and ability to relate to players. Davis said that players will go the extra mile for a coach like Vaughn, whom he knows will understand what he’s going through and will have his best interests at heart.

Hennigan and Davis have already talked extensively about the power forward needing to become more of a leader for the Magic next season, one that might be of the rebuilding variety. Davis said he is so excited about the direction that the Magic are headed under Vaughn that he’s game to serve whatever role he is needed to fill.

``They’re trying to build something here and that takes time. We can’t worry about what we don’t have. If guys don’t want to be here then they don’t have to be here. Guys who want to be here and are willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the team, that’s the kind of stuff that we want to be a part of,’’ Davis said. ``Me being a leader on this team, I’m going to stress that people know what we’re here for – and that’s to put the first banner up. … All Rob tells me is believe in the greater good. He doesn’t have to tell me anything else. I understand that because I’ve been in an organization where you had to dial in and do those things. I’m so excited and I wish we could start (training camp) tomorrow.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/big-baby-excited-about-hiring

I love this guy. He's not going anywhere.

It's a shame that Feganing Dwight Howard can't buy into a program like this instead of being a piece of HWNSNBU. On the other hand Dwight is the key to getting us out of the HWNSNBU that Feganing Otis got us into.

We need a new nickname for Glen Davis. Should be two syllables and something descriptive. "Big Baby" just doesn't work anymore: it's just Feganing insulting for a guy who's arguably the best player on our team.

Its kinda sad to say that he is the best player on our team...What has become of us?

Anyhow. He is a solid player. Hustle, heart, and will give you all on the court. It appears that the over the top doucheyness that prevailed in Boston stayed in Boston. I'm glad of that. I do appreciate what we have in him.

The nickname comes from college, it's here to stay. Unfortunately. So might as well just embrace it.