Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

Olympic Hoops

They are just around the corner, and it wouldn't be other than me creating this thread.

This thread will honor the legend of the greatest generation of basketball players my country has ever (and probably will ever) seen. "La Generacion Dorada". We will be riding Ginobili's magic, Scola's quality and Nocioni's balls all the way through.

For this generation, that made basketball relevant again for the country that won its first World Championship (1950), that brought home the gold from Athens (2004) and was Top 4 in 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008, all their honors in their way out.

All this post-30 guys, counting also Kammerichs, Jasen, Leiva and Leo Gutierrez among them and some "younger" blood (Delfino / Juan Gutierrez / Mata) will go for the miracle of getting to the podium again.

I'm pumped but I don't know if Portuguese TV will show many games.

USA will wreck everyone as that team is just too ridiculous

Spain will probably finish 2nd

3rd is between Argentina, Brazil, France, Lithuania

I don't think it's a given that the US will just roll over everyone else. There is some stiff competition out there. I still the the US will win, but I don't think it will be as easy as you seem to think. Brazil, Argentina and Spain can all pull of an upset on the right night.

Am I wrong because I wouldn't mind seeing the US to lose simply because LeBron is on the team?

Yes. You hate the man, but not the national team. You may hope he sucks and someone else (Durant) carries this team.

You know, I used to hate LeBron too, but I guess I got over it after he won his ring.

Does anyone know if they will show the game again from today? I missed it :(

I doubt it. NBC wont show a game twice when they have so many games to show

I doubt it. NBC wont show a game twice when they have so many games to show

Nooooo but did they actually show the game on tv earlier though? Ugh...I really wanted to watch it... I was hoping nbatv would show the game later but I guess not since they're having a marathon of the greatest games :/

Nooooo but did they actually show the game on tv earlier though? Ugh...I really wanted to watch it... I was hoping nbatv would show the game later but I guess not since they're having a marathon of the greatest games :/

NBC, MSNBC, Bravo and Telemundo were showing Olympics games today.

When I left this morning NBC was showing cycling. I haven't seen the recording yet.

Weird how I would never watch gymnastics, Volleyball, swimming, synchronized diving, cycling etc, but when the Olympics begin, I really look forward to all of those.

NBC, MSNBC, Bravo and Telemundo were showing Olympics games today.

When I left this morning NBC was showing cycling. I haven't seen the recording yet.

Yeah I actually woke up really early to check up on the olympics and they were showing cycling on NBC..but I fell asleep shorty afterwards and woke up again around 11 to catch bits of swimming, gymnastic, and volleyball. Guess they showed the basketball in between?? lol

Unfortunately I have the basic dish package and I don't get those other channels aside NBC. I was really hoping nbatv would show the game later at night or something.

Just like you, I don't watch any of those mentioned above but I really look forward to watching those in Olympics. I guess since we know everything is in stake, it just makes it all the more exciting to watch any sport :)