Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Jameer

Jameer is awesome. From what I've heard about Henny and his vision for the team, Meer is a perfect candidate.

And while he can be disappointing at times, there have been games when he's the only person I want shooting the ball. Can't really say that about other guys on the team. I think people underestimate/overlook the games that Meer brought us back.

• Upvote 1

All you Jameer fans must be heart and hustle lovers because at the end of the day it will be either we just missed the playoffs or another first round exit. He is undersized at the PG spot. His shot is streaky. He is a shoot first PG and one of the worse passing PG on all the playoff teams.

Why is he rated so low on the list of available PG free agents? Why were no other teams even in the running for his services? Why was he and his agent so concerned about getting more long term stability immediately? Why is Dwight wanting to go play with another PG? Why is it that we went to the finals when he was out hurt and then lost when he came back for the finals? Yea he was rusty...sure..whatever.

All these answers point to nobody wanted him except for the Magic. No other team thinks he is a starter or better than their current starter when considering age, level of play and money demanded. If the Magic want him to be the loyal face of the franchise, so be it. I hope it was at more than a fair price for both sides. Hey, he might be the best player on this team..yea amongst rookies and castaways...

Jameer is like Stan. He will consistently get you a winning record but never the big prize or back deep into the playoffs. That is the bottom line and stats and history can't refute that.

• Downvote 10

Jameer is like Stan. He will consistently get you a winning record but never the big prize or back deep into the playoffs. That is the bottom line and stats and history can't refute that.

Funny, this exact same logic can apply to Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, and hey, even Dwight Howard.

I have many reasons for being glad that Jameer is back, but I only need to share one: he wants to be here.

Also, considering how you feel about the guy, why is he featured so prominently in your member name?

• Upvote 2

Funny, this exact same logic can apply to Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, and hey, even Dwight Howard.

I have many reasons for being glad that Jameer is back, but I only need to share one: he wants to be here.

Also, considering how you feel about the guy, why is he featured so prominently in your member name?

Very well said. His last point did not make much since when you consider you could add Carmelo and his costar, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Blake (though give him time), Bosh, Rose (injuries), McGrady, Iggy, Love and the list goes on. Also, does anyone truly think Bosh would have every won it all until he joined forces down in Miami, or James for that matter? Thats not even counting the past stars that never won a ring.

Very well said. His last point did not make much since when you consider you could add Carmelo and his costar, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Blake (though give him time), Bosh, Rose (injuries), McGrady, Iggy, Love and the list goes on. Also, does anyone truly think Bosh would have every won it all until he joined forces down in Miami, or James for that matter? Thats not even counting the past stars that never won a ring.

James definitely could have gotten a ring on his own... He pretty much beat OKC without his co-stars, and shined throughout the playoffs this year. Bosh, on the other hand, would never get a ring were he not paired with James.

$8 million bucks per year for Sham-meer Nelson??? Are you kidding me? $5 million, yes..$6 million..arrrrgh $7million..whoa now...He was not in the Top 20 of PG overall and barley made it in this years free agency.

He is not better than these guys

1. Bos - Rondo

2. Brook - D Will

3. Bulls- Rose

4. Cle - Irving

5. Spurs - Parker

6. Clips - CP3

7. Lakers - Nash

8. Knicks - Kidd

9. Minn - Rubio

10. Den - Lawson

11. Sac - Tyreke Evans

12. OKC - Westbrook

13. Indy - G Hill (already schooled him last year in playoffs)

14. Atl - Devin Harris

15. Mem - Mike Conley

16. Wash - Wall

17. Warriors - Steph Curry

18. Mil - Jennings

19. Tor - Calderon or Lowry

20. Mia - Chalmers

Probably ahead of these

21. Philly - Holiday

22.Bobcats - Augustin

23. Det - Stuckey

24. Mavs - Collison

25.Hou - Lin

26. Por - Lilliard - rookie

27.Utah - ??

28.Suns - K Marshall - Rookie

29. Nola - Rivers???

What about these guys:

Billips

Dragic

Andre Miller

Felton

You can go ahead and move a couple up and a couple down but that 20 spot roughly is the ceiling. Ok, even if I am real generous and say 16, he is still not in the top half of the league. It is going to be a painful season if Sham-meer is the best player on our team. Way to set the bar. I am glad I am not footing the bill for this loyalty PR move. As I said before, the only move I have disagreed with Henny on so far is this.

$8 million bucks per year for Sham-meer Nelson??? Are you kidding me? $5 million, yes..$6 million..arrrrgh $7million..whoa now...He was not in the Top 20 of PG overall and barley made it in this years free agency.

1. Bos - Rondo

2. Brook - D Will

3. Bulls- Rose

4. Cle - Irving

5. Spurs - Parker

6. Clips - CP3

7. Lakers - Nash

8. Knicks - Kidd

9. Minn - Rubio

10. Den - Lawson

11. Sac - Tyreke Evans

12. OKC - Westbrook

14. Atl - Devin Harris

15. Mem - Mike Conley

16. Wash - Wall

18. Mil - Jennings

20. Mia - Chalmers

Probably ahead of these

21. Philly - Holiday

22.Bobcats - Augustin

23. Det - Stuckey

24. Mavs - Collison

25.Hou - Lin

27.Utah - ??

29. Nola - Rivers???

What about these guys:

Billips

Dragic

Andre Miller

Felton

You can go ahead and move a couple up and a couple down but that 20 spot roughly is the ceiling. Ok, even if I am real generous and say 16, he is still not in the top half of the league. It is going to be a painful season if Sham-meer is the best player on our team. Way to set the bar. I am glad I am not footing the bill for this loyalty PR move. As I said before, the only move I have disagreed with Henny on so far is this.

Between 8 and 13.

1. Bos - Rondo

2. Brook - D Will

3. Bulls- Rose

4. Cle - Irving

5. Spurs - Parker

6. Clips - CP3

7. Lakers - Nash

8. Knicks - Kidd

9. Minn - Rubio

10. Den - Lawson

11. Sac - Tyreke Evans

12. OKC - Westbrook

14. Atl - Devin Harris

15. Mem - Mike Conley

16. Wash - Wall

18. Mil - Jennings

20. Mia - Chalmers

Probably ahead of these

21. Philly - Holiday

22.Bobcats - Augustin

23. Det - Stuckey

24. Mavs - Collison

25.Hou - Lin

27.Utah - ??

29. Nola - Rivers???

What about these guys:

Billips

Dragic

Andre Miller

Felton

Who made this? It's a terrible list and Utah would be Mo Williams.

James definitely could have gotten a ring on his own... He pretty much beat OKC without his co-stars, and shined throughout the playoffs this year. Bosh, on the other hand, would never get a ring were he not paired with James.

You could be right, but I am not so sure. He would have never would have won a ring in Cleveland, that much can be said. And this Heat team was basically loaded with excellent roll players and a much improved pg. His costars might not have had great finals, but they did not vanish under pressure either (wade maybe for a little while here or there). I will say he was much more clutch this year than in years past.