Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Rashard Lewis to the Heat

Well, I guess I have to come to grips with the idea that there will now be a Heat player that I won't hate. I sure don't like him signing with the Heat, but I'm glad he gets to enjoy the veteran "coat tails" role. Say what you want about the contract he had with us, but he was always good people in the locker room and on the court. I'd have rather we had the chance to amnesty him instead of Arenas.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8154260/sources-miami-heat-reach-agreement-forward-rashard-lewis

Yeah, reuniting with Ray Allen. Lewis is severely washed up but he can still hit the trey and he'll have lots of chances to do it (like Chalmers, Battier and Miller)

The Heat can be stronger next year if Wade mantains a high level

Well, I guess I have to come to grips with the idea that there will now be a Heat player that I won't hate. I sure don't like him signing with the Heat, but I'm glad he gets to enjoy the veteran "coat tails" role. Say what you want about the contract he had with us, but he was always good people in the locker room and on the court. I'd have rather we had the chance to amnesty him instead of Arenas.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8154260/sources-miami-heat-reach-agreement-forward-rashard-lewis

I always liked Rashard. I hope he ges the ring we couldn't give hm.

I always liked Rashard. I hope he ges the ring we couldn't give hm.

I like him too, but I hope he doesn't get any rings simply because I don't want the Heat to get anymore.

Agree with VC, he's very very washed up and it happened so quick.

I like him too, but I hope he doesn't get any rings simply because I don't want the Heat to get anymore.

Agree with VC, he's very very washed up and it happened so quick.

His decline after the 10 game suspension was one of the worst I remember. Oh wait...then we traded him for another guy who was well on his way down

His first 2 years with were great, though.

I don't have a problem with Ray Allen either but I agree with your overall sentiment.

It is gonna hurt seeing Sweet Lew in that jersey, not the player he was but he will still play a role for them on the way to another championship. We did overpay for him but LOD is right, he was nothing but awesome for us and was a key part of that finals run and the most success we have seen in Orlando for a hella long time.

Hooking up with his buddy Ray Allen again with a chance to win a championship was just too good to pass up. Good luck Lew, hope you get that ring buddy.

Hooking up with his buddy Ray Allen again with a chance to win a championship was just too good to pass up. Good luck Lew, hope you get that ring buddy.

I won't go that far. I don't want to stomach another Heat championship if I can help it. My love for Rashard doesn't cancel out my hatred for Lebron and Wade.

Agree with all who say they will root for him to do well, but not for him to get a ring. If he'd chosen OKC, I'd have rooted for him to get a ring, but not for the Heat.

And Emory, I cannot STAND Ray Allen. That smirk he always has on his face, the way he chews gum with that sneer, and the fact that they constantly show his mother in the audience are just too much for me to stomach. Plus, the Celtics salvage his career for them and he can't stick around? I hope the Celtics knock him on his butt next season.