Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

So....changing the topic: anyone seen Davis? Is he doing the Perkins diet? I hope so: think the dude would be far more mobile and could run starter minutes (long-term) if he lost a few pounds.

So....changing the topic: anyone seen Davis? Is he doing the Perkins diet? I hope so: think the dude would be far more mobile and could run starter minutes (long-term) if he lost a few pounds.

Didn't he lose weight before last season? Hopefully he continues to work hard.

Didn't he lose weight before last season? Hopefully he continues to work hard.

I'm hoping. I like Davis - especially now that he's one of three people on our roster that can actually play, it would be nice if he didn't have the added stress on his system.

Listening to Baumann on ESPN 1080 and says Magic are a little concerned about Shaw running triangle. Not too sold about the offense.

Better late than never on Fran, especially if there's no Dwight. Can never have too many PF/Cs, right? Big guys, logic would dictate, are always easier to trade later on anyway, since guards are a dime a dozen. Super-generally speaking.

By the way, I love where this going by splitting up the offseason threads. Halfway there.. now if we could just get back to a little more freedom towards starting a new Magic thread, I firmly believe it'll all be much better. But for what it is, it's already much easier to navigate.

double postage.

Maybe Otis is the NBA's version of Jimmy Carter, making Hennigan the NBA's Ronald Regan?

Kind of feels more like Otis was George W, spending insanely and near bankrupting the country, for Hennigan to try to come in and clean up the mess, aka Obama.

Of course Obama cleans up the mess by spending a bleepload more, just in different ways, so it's not a perfect analogy. :tongue:

I really like Wayns and think he could be a good second PG. Also, Nicholson if he puts weight on has the potential to be a stud in the lowpost. High release point with his length.

I really would like to get a wing in here, especially defensively.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

#Utah #Jazz assistant coach Jeff Hornacek will be interviwed by #Orlando #Magic for their coaching vacancy via @tribjazz

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

That brings the candidate pool to 6: Hornacek, Lindsey Hunter, Mike Malone, Brian Shaw, Quin Snyder and Jacque Vaughn.

If that horrible Lopez trade goes down, we'll have BBD, Nicholson, O'Quinn, Lopez, Williams and possibly Franny. Lot's of size there, hope we can ship Lopez and Williams out for a good wing and PG, sign a servicable center and go from there. It's a guards' league now, we just need servicable big men and so far, our bigs are solid it seems. I was impressed with our two newest guys today.