Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Redick, Wade, Odom, Gortat.

But ok.

These were all pretty high picks. You expect them to play when you pick these guys in the 1st round or so. Gortat on the other hand, it took him like 2 years to finally get some playing time. With the need for athletic guys and wing defenders last year, I have to think Liggins would have gotten some PT if he was playing for another coach in a similar situation. I just think Stan's style was just to stick with what he knew or with the guys that he was comfortable with.

These were all pretty high picks. You expect them to play when you pick these guys in the 1st round or so. Gortat on the other hand, it took him like 2 years to finally get some playing time. With the need for athletic guys and wing defenders last year, I have to think Liggins would have gotten some PT if he was playing for another coach in a similar situation. I just think Stan's style was just to stick with what he knew or with the guys that he was comfortable with.

Liggins is f-ing terrible. He can't play offense. he sucks.

Liggins is f-ing terrible. He can't play offense. he sucks.

That's purely your opinion. Ben Wallace couldn't play offense, and he's had a decent career. Reggie Evans, Denis Rodman. I'm not comparing Liggins to any of those guys, just pointing out that those other players weren't very offensive minded players and still managed to make contributions to their teams. Let's see if he gets some playing time this season. If he doesn't come off the bench, then I will stand corrected. I just can't come to that type of conclusion after only seeing him play limited minutes last season.

Redick, Wade, Odom, Gortat.

But ok.

Just Stop. Wade was the 5th damn pick. He didn't even play Redick the first season he was coach, and hardly the second season. Odom was entering his 5th season when he arrived in Miami and he only played 1 season there. I give you Gortat(even though he really no choice considering Foyle was the only other center on the roster). He didn't even play Lee much at first.

Just Stop. Wade was the 5th damn pick. He didn't even play Redick the first season he was coach, and hardly the second season. Odom was entering his 5th season when he arrived in Miami and he only played 1 season there. I give you Gortat(even though he really no choice considering Foyle was the only other center on the roster). He didn't even play Lee much at first.

I'm on my phone, ?thewin can you elaborate on why I chose those guys for me please.

Anybody can really. With a sensible mind that is.

Justin Harper sucks, I haven't seen enough of Liggins to give my opinion though.

I watched he D-League games this year and Liggins really impressed with his new offensive game the last few days of the week. He made a lot of jumpers and even a few 3pointers. Harper shot the ball kind of bad but played good defensive and was clutch in the one of the last games and forced a 2nd overtime with a 3. I'm not sure what to think yet.

You guys can't judge them for getting 15 game's of garbage time last season. Harper got minutes twice, vs Utah and vs Memphis(last game). Liggins got minutes maybe 5 times and was pretty impressive in those games.

Let's not forget Howard, Nelson as well...

How long have you watched the NBA? Anybody who has like the Magic since AT LEAST 04 knows the were already well in the rotation when Van Gundy arrived.

How long have you watched the NBA? Anybody who has like the Magic since AT LEAST 04 knows the were already well in the rotation when Van Gundy arrived.

WHAT DOES BEING IN THE ROTATION HAVE TO DO WITH IMPROVEMENTS TO THEIR GAME PLEASE STOP POSTING

WHAT DOES BEING IN THE ROTATION HAVE TO DO WITH IMPROVEMENTS TO THEIR GAME PLEASE STOP POSTING

we were talking about giving them PLAYING TIME, look back. PLEASE STOP POSTING

we were talking about giving them PLAYING TIME, look back. PLEASE STOP POSTING

And why would he give playing times to guys who don't deserve it? You ever think these guys just didn't show him enough in a lockout shortened season?