Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Well considering the fact that we don't have Uhn as a back up(thank god) and we only have one pg on our roster, signing a backup pg will be big news to me.

I hear there's a pop corn vendor at amway who played some high school ball. of course that was over 25 years ago

The Los Angeles Lakers will tip off their 2012-13 campaign against the Dallas Mavericks, who very desperately wanted to trade for Dwight Howard. However, it appears that the Mavs won't have to witness Howard's game up close Oct. 30, because multiple sources have told ESPN that Howard will not be ready for the start of the regular season. He will still be rehabbing his surgically repaired back.

I guess the Lakers will start the season without Dwight.....LOL

I guess this makes Jordan their starting center?

I just wish we could have got at least one decent pick or a first in this years draft. 2014, 2015, 2017 all lotto protected and a long way away.

In fairness, this year's draft looks to suck. I'd've been happy enough with 2014 picks, but it would've been awfully nice to get one that had a realistic chance of being in the lottery.

Well, if they want superteam they'll have to pay superteam price.

the lakers don't care about paying 34 million in tax for just six players. they'll fill the rest of the team with minimum and just over minimum salary guys probably making their tax payment 40 million or a bit more.

the new tax structure just makes it more difficult for small market teams to exceed the cap, the major market teams can easy absorb the added cost.

Not sure why people are so happy to get rid of Duhon, he was the perfect person to come in and blow a lead. Honestly I can't think of a better person to help us fulfill our goal which is to get a number one pick.

That Duhon/Hedo combo would have been deadly, oh well.

Still would provide more than Dudu, sign him.

Otis wanted to, Dwight demanded it. unfortunately at the last minute the guy got an offer with a traveling carnival and accepted it. Now he's vending popcorn all over the country.

So we're getting back a bunch of late first round picks in this. Or at least the odds of us getting a top pick are so small I think you need a microscope to see them. Wasn't this the same thing we complained about when it came to the picks NJ was offering? Why is this being viewed as some kind of success? We've still got a bunch of salary and we gained picks that are likely to never ever be much more than maybe, maybe, a contributor. No future superstars coming our way, and unless we cut both Harrington AND Turk, we won't have much in the way of cap room anyways.

I freely admit I must be naive in all of this. I don't understand why we care what other players in the NBA think about how we treat Dwight. Odds are, they'll never play a single minute in a Magic uniform. At least, not ones that would make a significant impact like a Kobe or James. So we strap a crap-ton of C4 to our own franchise, blow it to bits (not in a good way either), help yet another team win rings, and all of this is on the off-chance some future FA might think about coming to Orlando? Why does that not make any sense to me??

The NBA should be glad there's teams like Orlando, Minnesota, and Memphis out there to help facilitate teams like Boston, LA, and Miami getting championships. I mean seriously, why do we bother having a team? I'm okay with us sucking, so long as every player we put on the court pours their hearts out for 48 minutes and wants to be here. But I don't like the idea of yet again, we prove that a single player is greater than the team, because we gut our team without anything to really show for it. We still have long-term players on this team that won't win us a ring, we still don't have significant cap room coming in the future (without cutting players and being glad they're only partially guaranteed), and we still have crappy draft picks (aside from maybe our own)...what did we really accomplish??

/rant

Sorry. Feel free to let me know exactly where I'm wrong on this.

The Los Angeles Lakers will tip off their 2012-13 campaign against the Dallas Mavericks, who very desperately wanted to trade for Dwight Howard. However, it appears that the Mavs won't have to witness Howard's game up close Oct. 30, because multiple sources have told ESPN that Howard will not be ready for the start of the regular season. He will still be rehabbing his surgically repaired back.

I guess the Lakers will start the season without Dwight.....LOL

I guess this makes Jordan their starting center?

he might need another punch from Haywood to tweak his back back to normal... oh oops... Haywood is no longer with the Mavs

Not sure why people are so happy to get rid of Duhon, he was the perfect person to come in and blow a lead. Honestly I can't think of a better person to help us fulfill our goal which is to get a number one pick.

That Duhon/Hedo combo would have been deadly, oh well.

hopefully hedo will be back to normal unless his age catches up to him. Looks like he and Big Baby are the only superstars of the team.

So we're getting back a bunch of late first round picks in this. Or at least the odds of us getting a top pick are so small I think you need a microscope to see them. Wasn't this the same thing we complained about when it came to the picks NJ was offering? Why is this being viewed as some kind of success? We've still got a bunch of salary and we gained picks that are likely to never ever be much more than maybe, maybe, a contributor. No future superstars coming our way, and unless we cut both Harrington AND Turk, we won't have much in the way of cap room anyways.

I freely admit I must be naive in all of this. I don't understand why we care what other players in the NBA think about how we treat Dwight. Odds are, they'll never play a single minute in a Magic uniform. At least, not ones that would make a significant impact like a Kobe or James. So we strap a crap-ton of C4 to our own franchise, blow it to bits (not in a good way either), help yet another team win rings, and all of this is on the off-chance some future FA might think about coming to Orlando? Why does that not make any sense to me??

The NBA should be glad there's teams like Orlando, Minnesota, and Memphis out there to help facilitate teams like Boston, LA, and Miami getting championships. I mean seriously, why do we bother having a team? I'm okay with us sucking, so long as every player we put on the court pours their hearts out for 48 minutes and wants to be here. But I don't like the idea of yet again, we prove that a single player is greater than the team, because we gut our team without anything to really show for it. We still have long-term players on this team that won't win us a ring, we still don't have significant cap room coming in the future (without cutting players and being glad they're only partially guaranteed), and we still have crappy draft picks (aside from maybe our own)...what did we really accomplish??

/rant

Sorry. Feel free to let me know exactly where I'm wrong on this.

I think we could arguably be one of the 2-3 worst teams in the league next year.. which is what we should aspire to be. Hopefully we'll put our scouting to good use. Turk and Harrington can be cut. Everyone else is either a building block (Harkless, Vucevic, ect.) or moveable (Afflalo, BBD). At first this deal made me absolutely sick, but I'm starting to come around. We'll see.