Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Lakers are over-rated at this point. They look good on paper. But did you see Kobe at the Olympics? The Lakers will not beat the Heat and will have trouble against OKC. PLUS they just said on ESPN that Dwight may not come back until January. That back may never be the same again.

We got 50 wins with him and a bunch of scrubs with no trade value (read our current team). Im thinking Pau, Kobe and Nash are a slight upgrade over what we started. Oh and did I mention the best player on the Lakers team, David Stern personally calling each ref before the game to tell him nobody better touch Dwight or else he gets 8 free throw shots. Lakers will win 70 if Dwight plays the year.

My take on this is LA is the best option for all NBA teams. They key number here is "3" years..

LA = Western Confrence +1 for Orlando

LA is an older team with only "3" years left in the tank +1 for all NBA.

If we traded Dwight to Houston or NJ even if the package was better it would be irrelevant because you would be fueling the ground floor of another super team that will give you problems for 5 or more years.

We didn't want Bynum or Gasol because they would be cancer.. What's our saying these days? "we want players who want to be here and want to play for Orlando". Putting Gasol, Bynum on that roster would only put us in the same situation all season and next summer as they both vocalized they didn't want to leave LA.. I mean come on who would want to?? Same with Lopez in BK.. He wants to play with Deron in the new arena not let Howard come take his family away.. He would be discouraged to play for us..

We got some young tallent and some mature talent from teams who were not championship bound so the players coming in will be willing to learn and willing to help and willing to play hard.

Once our new core is established with this young team the "westbrooks and hardens" of them all will be committed to Orlando and here to play and bring in new talent. At that point we would be still set in the draft with this trade for the next year or 2 and the pipeline of talent won't dry up. Hedo's bad contract will be off the books soon enough and he will be in turkey.

The team is looking for players like BBD who make their wants to be in Orlando very well known and will build from that. When we are moving on up.. LA will be moving on down and their talent pool will dry up. I'll tell you this.. LA keeping Dwight will be contingent on winning this year or he is Dallas bound ASAP.

I

AM

DYING

RIGHT

NOW

AS

A

MAGIC

FAN

smile_panicworker.gifsmile_panicworker.gifsmile_panicworker.gif

Dwight is the third best player in the league and we're not even directly ending up with top young guns, let alone a top 10 talent. OKC (or Charlotte) way here we come. We'll be terrible, draft high and have some cap space. We better end up with the bearded one in free agency AND a star in the draft.

We got 50 wins with him and a bunch of scrubs with no trade value (read our current team). Im thinking Pau, Kobe and Nash are a slight upgrade over what we started. Oh and did I mention the best player on the Lakers team, David Stern personally calling each ref before the game to tell him nobody better touch Dwight or else he gets 8 free throw shots. Lakers will win 70 if Dwight plays the year.

You're right, but the Lakers have such a small window. The age factor will affect them. Trophy is their target clearly, but I don't think they can beat the Heat or the Thunder. Dwight will not play until January. They just reported it. The 70 win thing is a dream if that indeed happens. Reports also saying there is more to the trade. Maybe the Magic get more out of it than being reported.

I

AM

DYING

RIGHT

NOW

AS

A

MAGIC

FAN

smile_panicworker.gifsmile_panicworker.gifsmile_panicworker.gif

Dwight is the third best player in the league and we're not even directly ending up with top young guns, let alone a top 10 talent. OKC (or Charlotte) way here we come. We'll be terrible, draft high and have some cap space. We better end up with the bearded one in free agency AND a star in the draft.

Awww, we're all with you. Best to think that at least the drama is done and we can look forward to building like the Spurs or Thunder did it, at least that's what we hope. The NBA clearly favors larger markets, but I think the smaller markets are going to start planning for that. The TEAM concept is the key for the future. Think: we will now do a better job with drafting. Henny and Scott are experts at that. Magic just cleared some old players. We are now YOUNG. IT could make for a surprisingly exciting season. I'm excited to see Nicholson, O'Quinn, Afflalo, BBD, etc. We just don't know what we're gonna get.

My take on this is LA is the best option for all NBA teams. They key number here is "3" years..

LA = Western Confrence +1 for Orlando

LA is an older team with only "3" years left in the tank +1 for all NBA.

If we traded Dwight to Houston or NJ even if the package was better it would be irrelevant because you would be fueling the ground floor of another super team that will give you problems for 5 or more years.

We didn't want Bynum or Gasol because they would be cancer.. What's our saying these days? "we want players who want to be here and want to play for Orlando". Putting Gasol, Bynum on that roster would only put us in the same situation all season and next summer as they both vocalized they didn't want to leave LA.. I mean come on who would want to?? Same with Lopez in BK.. He wants to play with Deron in the new arena not let Howard come take his family away.. He would be discouraged to play for us..

We got some young tallent and some mature talent from teams who were not championship bound so the players coming in will be willing to learn and willing to help and willing to play hard.

Once our new core is established with this young team the "westbrooks and hardens" of them all will be committed to Orlando and here to play and bring in new talent. At that point we would be still set in the draft with this trade for the next year or 2 and the pipeline of talent won't dry up. Hedo's bad contract will be off the books soon enough and he will be in turkey.

The team is looking for players like BBD who make their wants to be in Orlando very well known and will build from that. When we are moving on up.. LA will be moving on down and their talent pool will dry up. I'll tell you this.. LA keeping Dwight will be contingent on winning this year or he is Dallas bound ASAP.

You assume two things. One our talent will stay in Orlando....it never does. The Lakers wont get some sweet heart deal through Stern to rebuild around Dwight....which they will. The NBA is so rigged it is a joke. WWE>NBA>Pro boxing. Not one dollar will I spend on anything associated with the NBA ever again.