Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

As listed on ESPN, this is perhaps the worst trade in NBA history

In the context of Orlando trading him sooner rather than later, it's all right. Do I hate it? Sure. But that's coming from someone who said a hundred times that Dwight had no leverage and gunning for his cap space was the way to go.

These were the only kind of deals that were ever going to happen, so if you acknowledged a trade was inevitable and encouraged it, you really shouldn't be surprised.

As long as we dump all or at least most of the contracts, deal Afflalo and deal and/or cut Harrington later on in the year, this isn't all that bad.

So why trading for long-term contracts i. e. Afflalo and keeping Hedo, Q and Baby? Why resign Meer? If you want to shred the max. contracts do it right!

1) Afflalo can play. Could be a keeper and glue type of guy.

2) Hedo will be a valuable expiring.

3) Q is cheap

4) Baby has proven himself to play and has leadership, character.

5) Meer has been the Magic's token faithful heart/hustle player.

Rumors are Duhon is included in this deal. That alone makes this deal worth it.

Left Coast checking in.

After a night's sleep, if we get rid of all HWNSNBU contracts and Duhon, it doesn't matter what we get back. Succeeding this next year without Dwight was a dream, anyways - at least this way we can properly tank and won't be some middling team with a bad draft pick that just barely misses the playoffs.

As Magic fans, our team's sucked that badly before: we'll live.

We'll also have a pretty huge amount of cap room to make a move NEXT offseason (hellllooooooooo Harden), so it's not all bad. Still, I hate gifting LA championships for nothing (or at all), and I guarantee the 76ers are going to be a beast for a few years to come.

It's horrible, but we knew it was going to be horrible when Dwight first said he wanted out over a year ago. Still wish we would have pulled the trigger on the Houston deal, though, if only because it would have screwed the Lakers.

Sounds all so familiar, reminds me alot to this trade:

On February 1, 2008, Gasol was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers along with a 2010 second round draft pick for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie.

That is totally misleading. Yes they did get Gasol however 99 times out of a hundred that guy (Gasol) would have been entirely worthless. Good for Memphis for taking a flyer and developing him but At the time of the trade he was a throw in who most likely was going to be a zero.

Left Coast checking in.

After a night's sleep, if we get rid of all HWNSNBU contracts and Duhon, it doesn't matter what we get back. Succeeding this next year without Dwight was a dream, anyways - at least this way we can properly tank and won't be some middling team with a bad draft pick that just barely misses the playoffs.

As Magic fans, our team's sucked that badly before: we'll live.

We'll also have a pretty huge amount of cap room to make a move NEXT offseason (hellllooooooooo Harden), so it's not all bad. Still, I hate gifting LA championships for nothing (or at all), and I guarantee the 76ers are going to be a beast for a few years to come.

It's horrible, but we knew it was going to be horrible when Dwight first said he wanted out over a year ago. Still wish we would have pulled the trigger on the Houston deal, though, if only because it would have screwed the Lakers.

76ers will compete with us for lottery picks for years when Bynum's knee turns into a twisty tie.

Reality check. Try to honestly assess what you'd reply to a poster coming up and proposing this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8du9svq

(Harkless appears unavailable to be traded until Aug 23 in the Machine...)

I reckon it would be an avalanche of critisism regarding how 'idiotic' that Magic fan is.

In any case, let's wait until the trade actually happens and the contract details become available (team options, partial guarantees and the sorts).

Lakers are over-rated at this point. They look good on paper. But did you see Kobe at the Olympics? The Lakers will not beat the Heat and will have trouble against OKC. PLUS they just said on ESPN that Dwight may not come back until January. That back may never be the same again.