Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

what a terrible trade. martin+lamb+tj (or Patrick Patterson)+ Toronto pick can beat it easily

You're assuming that deal was actually on the table. I liked the reported Hou deal as much as anyone (the one including their own pick and lots of salary relief as well), but it obviously wasn't there, or I have to believe Henny would've taken it. We were always going to get screwed in the Dwight deal. Personally, this deal doesn't hurt near as bad as it could have (if we had taken the BK deal, for example).

We get two young prospects, a 26-yr old guard who makes JJ an expendable trade chip at the deadline, another deal that will be bought out after this season in Harrington (along with Hedo) to clear cap space, get rid of J-Rich and Duhon, and get 3 1st-rounders and 2 2nd-rounders... all for the price of a d-bag crybaby who had no desire to be around even the city of Orlando, let alone the team. No matter how bad those picks are, the Magic will be picking top-5 next year and top-10 the following year anyway. All things considered, I'd say Henny did a decent job at salvaging a terrible situation. I look forward to seeing this new team be rebuilt over the next few years.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Go easy on Hennigan. Hearing Orl Pres Alex Martins likely ran this one. Always good to have non-bball folks make critical decision.

Better not be true im tired of non basketball people interfering and ruining our team

harkless seems like a defensive player if he pans out. paired with afflalo our perimeter d should be solid. just need a star pg or c in next years draft

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Go easy on Hennigan. Hearing Orl Pres Alex Martins likely ran this one. Always good to have non-bball folks make critical decision.

Better not be true im tired of non basketball people interfering and ruining our team

is he mad dwight didn't make it to brooklyn or something

I doubt that is true. Hennigan clearly didn't want Bynum or Lopez or he would have pulled the trigger. I'm kind of meh on the deal but I'll wait until its final to really comment.

You're assuming that deal was actually on the table. I liked the reported Hou deal as much as anyone (the one including their own pick and lots of salary relief as well), but it obviously wasn't there, or I have to believe Henny would've taken it. We were always going to get screwed in the Dwight deal. Personally, this deal doesn't hurt near as bad as it could have (if we had taken the BK deal, for example).

We get two young prospects, a 26-yr old guard who makes JJ an expendable trade chip at the deadline, another deal that will be bought out after this season in Harrington (along with Hedo) to clear cap space, get rid of J-Rich and Duhon, and get 3 1st-rounders and 2 2nd-rounders... all for the price of a d-bag crybaby who had no desire to be around even the city of Orlando, let alone the team. No matter how bad those picks are, the Magic will be picking top-5 next year and top-10 the following year anyway. All things considered, I'd say Henny did a decent job at salvaging a terrible situation. I look forward to seeing this new team be rebuilt over the next few years.

I agree....all things considered, we made out okay enough. You guys are being unreasonable. If that Houston trade(those picks and Lamb, etc.) were REALLY ever available, Hennigan would have taken 'em. Regardless how we feel, we can't look back. Only foward.

I agree....all things considered, we made out okay enough. You guys are being unreasonable. If that Houston trade(those picks and Lamb, etc.) were REALLY ever available, Hennigan would have taken 'em. Regardless how we feel, we can't look back. Only foward.

Is Houston a big market city... I smell conspiracy... Mr. Stern... what's happening?

listenin to 740 online....their saying Duhon and Clark are for sure headed to L.A and now their saying Hedo's name is started to be thrown in....if Hennigan managed to get Turk out of town too??!!??

GM of the year

Getting rid of Richardson and Duhon would be so sweet. I can deal with holding onto Hedo, though, as he will be an expiring soon.

I like this deal.

Some private DM's of his leaked out basically him saying don't believe the ESPN rumors and the trade is not true

Stephen A. Smith just said on ESPN that he was in Dwight's company last night when this went down and that Dwight is estatic to go to LA.

So Alex Martins, a guy who apparently doesn't know a thing about basketball, pulled the trigger on this deal?

Wow, just wow. Good job Orlando!

Alex was saving his job. If Dwight stayed, most likely Alex had to go. If this is confirmed then why do we need a gm? The one hold over from the last disastrous regime and he is in control. No wonder he didnt want to let Otis go at the end. He needed a fall guy.

So Alex Martins, a guy who apparently doesn't know a thing about basketball, pulled the trigger on this deal?

Wow, just wow. Good job Orlando!

I doubt it. The deal makes sense to me. It accomplishes pretty much what we wanted.