Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I'm actually from NYC so LA not having NFL doesn't faze me. I'm actually a Jets fan so I know a thing or two about having losing years, having little to no hope of ever winning or even being in the hunt. Having heartbreak after heartbreak, never being able to utilize great talent by surrounding them with other great talent (see Curtis Martin), etc...believe me I get it.

I never said Lakers fans have it worse, we obviously don't. My point is simple and clear. The best option for both teams is a Dwight for Drew swap and no other team in the league (that Dwight would actually sign long-term with) can offer a better, realistic trade scenario.

Would you be helping the Lakers out by trading for Drew? Yes. But that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Not really. I think the best package is to let him go and use the capspace to sign someone else who isn't hurt every season.

No offense, but Bynum is trash and I don't want him near this team.

I'm actually from NYC so LA not having NFL doesn't faze me. I'm actually a Jets fan so I know a thing or two about having losing years, having little to no hope of ever winning or even being in the hunt. Having heartbreak after heartbreak, never being able to utilize great talent by surrounding them with other great talent (see Curtis Martin), etc...believe me I get it.

I never said Lakers fans have it worse, we obviously don't. My point is simple and clear. The best option for both teams is a Dwight for Drew swap and no other team in the league (that Dwight would actually sign long-term with) can offer a better, realistic trade scenario.

Would you be helping the Lakers out by trading for Drew? Yes. But that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Rather have Dwight playing out West on an aging team than in the East on another fukin super team.

It'd be Damion James in the deal, there is no Damion Jones in the NBA.. But it's ugly, and I hope its not true.. For Dwight to leave and to still have Hedo and Duhon.. nightmare scenario

I refuse to believe the man who thought 9 million a year for a 16/8 player was too much would then turn around and agree to a max deal on a 6 RPG center with foot problems.

Exactly. I'm holding out hope that there is something we're missing here, because it baffles me otherwise.

Let's say we hold onto Dwight for the rest of the year, what happens?

He has to sign with a team outside of New York or L.A. He also is going to want max $$$ and raises which means Magic are likely to get a few firsts for him in a sign and trade.

Lastly, we now have have 3 expiring deals to trade next year- Duhon, Turk, and Qrich

Sometimes it might just be better for nature to take its course

I refuse to believe the man who thought 9 million a year for a 16/8 player was too much would then turn around and agree to a max deal on a 6 RPG center with foot problems.

100 percent agreed. In fact I would rather have Ryan Anderson on this roster making 9mil per than Brook Lopez on this roster at 9m per.

The NFL comment was just me being petty, but since you brought up the Jets, let me also state that I am a Dolphins fan. So, the NBA and the NFL teams I root for have both seen their share of misery in my lifetime. At least you have that great NBA team to root for (I won't even bother to ask why you're Lakers fan at all) to help make up for the Jets misery.

And I agree with some of my fellow members who have already responded to you: our best option, if we are losing Howard anyway, is to get the cap space to use in a manner of our choosing, not on a player we'd never think of signing on our own.

We're losing Howard one way or another, so yeah, if we miss out slightly more in order to spite LA, I'm totally down with that. What would that mean, 20 wins instead of 25?

Let's say we hold onto Dwight for the rest of the year, what happens?

As much as I think it makes some financial sense to hold on to Dwight and let him walk, unless he is benched or something, it would be an absolute cancer to the team, and I don't think anyone deserves that, especially the other players. Maybe guys are still tight with Dwight, but after all this garbage, I don't know how they could stand having the guy in the locker room or playing on the same team when they know he's got both feet out the door.

Unless you can suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team or something, or unless he signs an extension, he's got to be traded.