Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Walton is an expiring contract. His salary is similar to J-Rich but comes off the books way sooner.

Walton expires at the end of next season, how did that guy ever get anyone to pay him $6m, America is broken.

Hello everyone. I'm a Lakers fan from the lakers.topbuzz forum and one of my forum-mates posted a link to this discussion on this rumored Dwight deal.

I just want to say how sorry I am (for both our teams) that our GMs are apparently incompetent. In the rumored deal you are getting trash and why Hennigan would do this beats me, maybe he's secretly working for the Nets?

A Lakers deal of Bynum + MWP/Ebanks for Dwight + Jrich would of been far and away the best option for the Magic and the best option for the Lakers. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

I hope this rumored deal is just a smokescreen. I want Dwight in a Lakers uni, and you guys would be getting the 2nd best center in the league who has the potential to put up 25-30 points a night as option 1 (instead of option 2-3 he is on the Lakers).

Sorry for your pain guys,

-Your friendly neighborhood Lakers-Fan

:chairshot:

So basically Lopez, some cap shed, and 3 late first round picks for Howard? If this goes through this has to go down as one of the worst trades ever. I just don't understand why ANYONE would want a CENTER who can't play defense. Not to even mention the contract he is probably going to get.

How is the Houston trade not better than this? An actual lotto pick is better than anything the Nets are even offering us.....

yeah, that's the thing. i'm actually OK with everything in this deal except lopez. i don't want us making some long term commitment with him or something, especially when we're keeping hedo.

Agree

So basically Lopez, some cap shed, and 3 late first round picks for Howard? If this goes through this has to go down as one of the worst trades ever. I just don't understand why ANYONE would want a CENTER who can't play defense. Not to even mention the contract he is probably going to get.

How is the Houston trade not better than this? An actual lotto pick is better than anything the Nets are even offering us.....

Thats why I say we flip him for some draft picks. Some crap team will need a center and we can use all the picks to help us rebuild.

All the Orlando people say is they aren't rushing. All the Cleveland people say is they aren't interested. Yet we're all letting the New York media throw us out of wack.

Come on guys, Hennigan isn't this stupid. Have you seen the proposed trade? Lol.

But it's Adrian Woj reporting this...... there's real truth to it.

yeah, that's the thing. i'm actually OK with everything in this deal except lopez. i don't want us making some long term commitment with him or something, especially when we're keeping hedo.

I agree, the problem is I can't see Brook agreeing to anything but the max length/dollars he can get. Only way this works out for us is if we manage to flip him somewhere else but is anyone that stupid?!

I agree, the problem is I can't see Brook agreeing to anything but the max length/dollars he can get. Only way this works out for us is if we manage to flip him somewhere else but is anyone that stupid?!

i think we just fired the guy

• Upvote 1

Does anyone actually know if the Houston deal is actually on the table still and what that deal is? Like most people on here are saying I don't see how that deal isn't any better.

Hello everyone. I'm a Lakers fan from the lakers.topbuzz forum and one of my forum-mates posted a link to this discussion on this rumored Dwight deal.

I just want to say how sorry I am (for both our teams) that our GMs are apparently incompetent. In the rumored deal you are getting trash and why Hennigan would do this beats me, maybe he's secretly working for the Nets?

A Lakers deal of Bynum + MWP/Ebanks for Dwight + Jrich would of been far and away the best option for the Magic and the best option for the Lakers. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

I hope this rumored deal is just a smokescreen. I want Dwight in a Lakers uni, and you guys would be getting the 2nd best center in the league who has the potential to put up 25-30 points a night as option 1 (instead of option 2-3 he is on the Lakers).

Sorry for your pain guys,

-Your friendly neighborhood Lakers-Fan

Eighty percent of me wants the best possible deal for Dwight Howard. I agree that Bynum is likely the best possible deal. But the other twenty percent of me wants to explode at the possibility of setting up the Lakers with yet another franchise center. I do not want to be the Lakers farm team and enable them to get even more rings. You Lakers fans have it pretty easy. You have no idea what is is like to ache for a championship only to watch other more-established franchises from larger markets just swoop right in and get the best players handed to them. You guys won't be hurting a bit "losing" Howard, so don't come in here trying to commiserate with us. There is no comparison.

Oh by the way, how's the NFL?

Do you really ask this question in this age of basketball?

See: Joe Johnson's contract and trade :)