Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I find it kind of funny that after the Gortat trade, Otis pretty much refused to add any capable backup center and in just a couple of months Rob has added like 5 guys capable of being good backup centers lol.

• Upvote 1

I find it kind of funny that after the Gortat trade, Otis pretty much refused to add any capable backup center and in just a couple of months Rob has added like 5 guys capable of being good backup centers lol.

Right? Man....Otis.....

And much as HWNSNBU and Dwight are to blame in all this, I can't help but think Dwight would still be here had Otis even been mildly competent.

Because they only have next year to win another championship so that is all they care about. Nash....old, Kobe...getting old, Gasol...best years probably behind him. They dont care about the future only the now, and adding another banner. Also I believe it is to really see how bad a coach Mike Brown is. You cant win with these guys then CYA!!

Phil said he was waiting for the right situation.... it would be really cool to play some Welcome Back Kotter music and introduce him as the new Lakers coach. I think even a bad coach like Mike Brown will win with this roster.

Right? Man....Otis.....

And much as HWNSNBU and Dwight are to blame in all this, I can't help but think Dwight would still be here had Otis even been mildly competent.

Unfortunately he was a long long way from "mildly" competent....hence our wonderful day today.

I think we could arguably be one of the 2-3 worst teams in the league next year.. which is what we should aspire to be. Hopefully we'll put our scouting to good use. Turk and Harrington can be cut. Everyone else is either a building block (Harkless, Vucevic, ect.) or moveable (Afflalo, BBD). At first this deal made me absolutely sick, but I'm starting to come around. We'll see.

It is not arguable....we will be horrible this year but our youngs will grow up real fast.