Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

if they win a championship next year they'll have no problem resigning him because he knows the lakers will just reload after a few years and get more.

if they don't win he'll get disenchanted really quick.

Yep and the fiasco starts again, but in LA. With Dwight "NOT" starting the season, which would make me think he will also miss camp as well, how long do you think it would take Dwight to get back into game mode.... after not doing anything for a couple of months? A few weeks?

Lakers start the season with Jordan and Pau as their bigs, with the 38yr old Nash running point and the 33yr old Kobe taking wing. I predict that they are not going to win many games at the start of season without Dwight Howard. These guys are going to have to cover for the production of Dwight, playing more minutes....

Lets assume that after AS weekend, the Lakers are playing like they should. If they fall too much in the beginning of the season, they wont be seeded very high, which means no home court. They will have to continue to play hard to gain any ground on who they would like to play first. Because they want to avoid OKC early and often.

As this plays out, Dwight will have visions of the former Magic days. When Dwights team was getting dominated by more talented players. When Dwight starts asking for people to come aboard, the Lakers are tied until 2014.

If Dwight was "really" about winning, then the Lakers were the last place he wanted to go. But I believe this has nothing to do with basketball and more to do with outside contracts and endorsements, that would be the only reason he stays on a garbage team like that.

This is LA's problem now and they wont start thinking about this yet.... but it will come up.... promise.

Speaking as a Cavs fan, Eyenga was not that bad of a pickup. He clearly has talent, he's a highlight reel, but he definitely is pretty raw, and I don't know if he'll ever develop into much. His basketball development didn't start until very late for him. I don't think started playing organized basketball until he was like 16.

If he ever blossoms, that could be one of the better parts of the trade. The guy does have talent, there's just no telling if he'll ever make the most of it.

Speaking as a Cavs fan, Eyenga was not that bad of a pickup. He clearly has talent, he's a highlight reel, but he definitely is pretty raw, and I don't know if he'll ever develop into much. His basketball development didn't start until very late for him. I don't think started playing organized basketball until he was like 16.

If he ever blossoms, that could be one of the better parts of the trade. The guy does have talent, there's just no telling if he'll ever make the most of it.

he's about 5th on are sf depth chart, but ya back in the season after lebron left(srry to bring it up), him and manny harris really impressed me.

Question: How important is a 17.8mil trade exception to a rebuilding team? What value if any does it give us?

Edit: Kyler is saying we only have a 7.8 mil trade exception which makes more sense.

Question: How important is a 17.8mil trade exception to a rebuilding team? What value if any does it give us?

Depends on how its used. It can be combined with one of our future protected draft picks, that could land us a real lower draft pick from another team....

One things is for sure, it wont be utilized how it was in the past under O-Sh-t..... Because all he did was sit on them.

....7.8 M TPE..... still works for me...

he's about 5th on are sf depth chart, but ya back in the season after lebron left(srry to bring it up), him and manny harris really impressed me.

I think Gee was the biggest surprise for Cleveland that year and he's also the better player of the 3.