Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I think we could arguably be one of the 2-3 worst teams in the league next year.. which is what we should aspire to be. Hopefully we'll put our scouting to good use. Turk and Harrington can be cut. Everyone else is either a building block (Harkless, Vucevic, ect.) or moveable (Afflalo, BBD). At first this deal made me absolutely sick, but I'm starting to come around. We'll see.

I'm not saying we're not going to suck, I know that. I know our own draft pick will be a pretty high one. But let's stop acting like the 4 picks we're getting are going to be worth anything. I mean a second round pick? How many second round picks become ANYTHING? I can only hope we do good with our own picks, because that's the only value we have left.

I'm not saying we're not going to suck, I know that. I know our own draft pick will be a pretty high one. But let's stop acting like the 4 picks we're getting are going to be worth anything. I mean a second round pick? How many second round picks become ANYTHING? I can only hope we do good with our own picks, because that's the only value we have left.

By themselves those picks are nothing... but peered with something, or someone else those picks can be something.

We now have some players to work with and our own draft picks to work with, including a 17.8 M TPE. The road map is a long one, dont expect anything amazing until atleast year 3 and beyond.

This is about building a championship team the right way, like the Spurs. Teams can buy their rings or try (LA, MIA, BOS, NY, LAC) and thats cool. I would rather have my team "earn" theirs.

Like "earning the right to claim the title of United States Marine", the effort makes the reward that much sweeter.

• Upvote 1

gilbert arenas, carlos boozer, isaiah thomas, deandre jordan, omer asik, goran dragic, lots of players from the 2nd round end up contributing

gilbert arenas, carlos boozer, isaiah thomas, deandre jordan, omer asik, goran dragic, lots of players from the 2nd round end up contributing

A disproportionately large number, however, don't. It's nice when it happens, but it's really not the sort of thing one can count on.

A disproportionately large number, however, don't. It's nice when it happens, but it's really not the sort of thing one can count on.

It's not as large as you think. We're trying to be one of those teams who gets those players. I'm confidant in our scouting.

I think whats really sad is that not only do we have pretty bad first round picks that are heavily protected, our second round picks are also protected. I mean really the picks we got back are pretty sad.

One source briefed on Howard's plans told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the All-Star center will indeed stand firm on his intent to play out the 2012-13 season without extending his contract so he can become a free agent on July 1, 2013. ESPN Story

Now the Dwightmare is officially the Lakers problem to deal with.... but wait, they are still celebrating the fact they got Howard... for a year.

One source briefed on Howard's plans told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the All-Star center will indeed stand firm on his intent to play out the 2012-13 season without extending his contract so he can become a free agent on July 1, 2013. ESPN Story

Now the Dwightmare is officially the Lakers problem to deal with.... but wait, they are still celebrating the fact they got Howard... for a year.

How many times does this need to be said, IT WOULD BE BEYOND MORONIC FOR A MAX CONTRACT PLAYER TO EXTEND. Really its obvious he was never going to extend, same reason Bynum isn't going to extend, same reason Dwight's agent said he wasn't even going to extend in Brooklyn.

Not sure why people keep bringing this up and really where else is Dwight going to go that has cap? Dallas? Yea right, he will love it in LA.

Because they only have next year to win another championship so that is all they care about. Nash....old, Kobe...getting old, Gasol...best years probably behind him. They dont care about the future only the now, and adding another banner. Also I believe it is to really see how bad a coach Mike Brown is. You cant win with these guys then CYA!!

Harrington sent a couple tweets thanking Denver fans, but really hasn't said anything about Orlando. I'm guessing he of everyone sent here, is the least likely to be happy about it lol.