Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Tell me something, what good trade that you know for a fact, as in you were involved with the negotiations and saw the offer firsthand, was on the table that we should have taken?

It is a bad trade....it is horrible. However, all things considered Stern, Dwight and HWNSNBU would have it no other way. That being said getting the best out of a horrible scenario does not keep it from being a horrible trade. I dont think other offers could have made a good trade either.

See there you guys go, picking the little but out of all this bad. Dont worry my team was in the same predictament , our GM made a stupid trade and our fans backed it up, sorta like you guys are doing and now when we look back at it we be like " that was horrible & a terrible trade!" And for the record, you guys wouldn't need to dump much salary on the Rockets while getting all those rookies and rookies contracts back. But I'm curious, would you guys have liked the Nets, Rockets or this trade better?

Give me the full details on all 3 trades first.

I can't believe so many people fail to see the big picture

I can. What I can't believe is that I'm still trying to tell everyone that it isn't about what is coming in, but about what is going out.

I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over so I'll say it right here.

The second the hiring of Rob Hennigan was announced, everyone should've seen this coming. We didn't hire a guy from the OKC/SA system to trade Dwight for good players and be a decent playoff team. He was obviously hired to blow **** up and rebuild via the draft. People need to stop looking at this deal at face value. It isn't about the return, it is about what we got rid of and that we are now in position to do what Rob was hired to do, rebuild with high draft picks. We ended up with two first round players in a deep draft and have quality big men depth that can be moved. With Hedo and Harrington being able to be bought out, pretty much everyone on the team is movable now. No more albatross contracts, we're in position to have cap space and pick high. If you don't like that we will be a bad team this year, then don't watch. Nobody is making you, I for one am looking forward to watching this team play with no expectations.

I feel for you Miller especially because this is like the 10th time you've had to explain yourself.

I really like the two young prospects we got back. I think Vucevic can have somewhat of a breakout year like Nikola Pekovic had last season for the Timberwolves. He pretty much put up good number whenever he was able to get minutes, and he'll have that opportunity to play major minutes here in Orlando. And Harkless was a guy I thought was one of the top talents in the 2012 draft class. The kid upside is through the roof. I think he just needs to get in the gym with Mark Price and work on his jumpshot - because I believe that is the one thing holding his game back.

I can't believe so many people fail to see the big picture

I agree. But what just sucks is going to be watching this progression and rebuilding stage and still spending the same amount of money on tickets and things of this nature to watch a team that you know is going to be bad. But.. it'll be worth it.

But, look at the big picture. My main thing I'm happy about..

1. We got rid of the Dwightmare (no more drama)

2. We got rid of DuDu (he was the worst)

3. We opened up some cap space by getting rid of Jason Richardson's horrible contract.

.. now, if we could only get rid of Turk (I used to love Turk too but I'm a realist and know he isn't worth the money he's getting paid anymore) and use this leverage in the upcoming years to win a championship.

We aren't going to win a championship next year. Or possibly the year after. But we weren't doing it with Dwight and who we had either. This rebuild is a great thing for us down the road. Like I said, it sucks now, but we gotta look for the best way to win a championship. And Lopez and Brooks were not the way. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Go Magic .. Blue and White Ignite!

• Upvote 1

I can. What I can't believe is that I'm still trying to tell everyone that it isn't about what is coming in, but about what is going out.

yeah but bro it's so horrible because we didn't get durant or lebron or keep dwight and get anthony morrow or get prime shaq and kobe or get the badboy pistons or get or get the '92 bulls or get fran vazquez or get /BASHES HEAD INTO GRANITE COUNTERTOP RELENTLESSLY

Side Note:

Let me ask my fellow members a very good question.... because this reminds me of Shaq.

"Do you think, that Dwight will now get favorable calls with the Lakers, because he is with the Lakers?"

The reason why I bring this up is because this is what happened to Shaq when he left Orlando. In Orlando Shaq couldnt get calls his way what so ever. However the moment Shaq goes to LA, those calls suddenly change to favoring Shaq. Coincidence..... Not Likely.

So "I AM" expecting the same shift for Dwight. Dwight will now get those calls that went against him in Orlando, which will bode well for LA... they are going to need all the help they can get.

Because. the. situations. are. completly. different.

Dwight demanded a trade to one of 3 teams with nothing to offer. We weren't getting a Derrick Favors or top 10 pick because nobody was willing to part with it to get Dwight. They knew he wouldn't stay.

You do realize their were two other teams involved in this trade that have good young players. A better deal for the Magic would be sending Affalo and having Turner coming to the Magic

DONT SAY TANK! You guys could've tanked with the Rockets and Nets trade. Hell, y'all could've tanked with just Dwight for Bynum, plus this draft is kinda nice but half of the guys isn't going to be star players. Nerlins is doing bad in camp as of now, and its a battle with Shabazz between you guys and the Bobcats, and I believe the Bibcats will win that one. Lol

No cap space in either deal. If the rockets deal was their rookies, picks, and taking back all our bad contracts it would be better but that's not what they offered.