Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Listen folks..... For those true Magic fans....

The Magic will be the losers of this story line, because someone has to be. There is no point of arguing with people who dont follow this team or the league for that matter. There is no point of blasting the actual facts that there is method to what we are doing, because we are the losers. Forget replying to the statements that paint a bad picture, its a losing battle.

Let the Magic haters sing away, we will have our glory.

I don't understand why we couldn't at least get Evan Fournier and Quincy Miller too

Nuggets gave up basically nothing of value and got an all-star

The trade and full details have yet to be finalized, right?

Yeah I'm having trouble accessing Real GM as well. Looks like the website can't handle the amount of traffic it's receiving right now.

I would imagine hundreds of thousands of former lakers fans that just became ex-heat fans are all trying to log on at the same time to brag about how their team (the lakers) just got the steal of the century and to tell everyone that they're lakers fans for life.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why we couldn't at least get Evan Fournier and Quincy Miller too

Nuggets gave up basically nothing of value and got an all-star

I think you're overrating Iggy's market value. What they gave up for him was pretty fair value.

You honestly think that ESPN knows the first thing about basketball? LMAO! Yeah Stephen A Smith and Bill Simmons are the greatist basketball minds of our generation. The guys at ESPN never get any of this stuff wrong do they?

They're a leap up from the nobody's here. There's a reason we are running our mouths on a nothing message board and not in front of the nation. not saying u can't disagree with the stuff they say, but by far they are more knowledgable than anyone here. Period.

Tell me something, what good trade that you know for a fact, as in you were involved with the negotiations and saw the offer firsthand, was on the table that we should have taken?

Is that an excuse to make a bad trade? And who knows what offers were on the table. If recent star players players like Paul, Melo, KG, and DW who all wanted to go to certain teams can net promising building blocks to the future and future 1st rounders. Why can't a vastly superior player do the same yet gets worse value.

I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over so I'll say it right here.

The second the hiring of Rob Hennigan was announced, everyone should've seen this coming. We didn't hire a guy from the OKC/SA system to trade Dwight for good players and be a decent playoff team. He was obviously hired to blow **** up and rebuild via the draft. People need to stop looking at this deal at face value. It isn't about the return, it is about what we got rid of and that we are now in position to do what Rob was hired to do, rebuild with high draft picks. We ended up with two first round players in a deep draft and have quality big men depth that can be moved. With Hedo and Harrington being able to be bought out, pretty much everyone on the team is movable now. No more albatross contracts, we're in position to have cap space and pick high. If you don't like that we will be a bad team this year, then don't watch. Nobody is making you, I for one am looking forward to watching this team play with no expectations.

• Upvote 2

Don't know if this has been posted from Woj

The Magic decided to send Dwight Howard to the Lakers in a four-team trade instead of offers from both the Rockets and Nets.

Houston's final offer was $12 million in immediate cap space instead of Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, several of their recent first round selections, along with future lottery and unprotected draft picks.

The Rockets were unwilling to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.

Read more: http://basketball.re...d#ixzz23A75XduK

Yeah, that jives with what I was thinking.

Don't know if this has been posted from Woj

The Magic decided to send Dwight Howard to the Lakers in a four-team trade instead of offers from both the Rockets and Nets.

Houston's final offer was $12 million in immediate cap space instead of Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, several of their recent first round selections, along with future lottery and unprotected draft picks.

The Rockets were unwilling to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.

Read more: http://basketball.re...d#ixzz23A75XduK

I still like this better, aren't we only dumping the contracts of j rich and duhon anyway?

Is that an excuse to make a bad trade? And who knows what offers were on the table. If recent star players players like Paul, Melo, KG, and DW who all wanted to go to certain teams can net promising building blocks to the future and future 1st rounders. Why can't a vastly superior player do the same yet gets worse value.

Because. the. situations. are. completly. different.

Dwight demanded a trade to one of 3 teams with nothing to offer. We weren't getting a Derrick Favors or top 10 pick because nobody was willing to part with it to get Dwight. They knew he wouldn't stay.

I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over so I'll say it right here.

The second the hiring of Rob Hennigan was announced, everyone should've seen this coming. We didn't hire a guy from the OKC/SA system to trade Dwight for good players and be a decent playoff team. He was obviously hired to blow **** up and rebuild via the draft. People need to stop looking at this deal at face value. It isn't about the return, it is about what we got rid of and that we are now in position to do what Rob was hired to do, rebuild with high draft picks. We ended up with two first round players in a deep draft and have quality big men depth that can be moved. With Hedo and Harrington being able to be bought out, pretty much everyone on the team is movable now. No more albatross contracts, we're in position to have cap space and pick high. If you don't like that we will be a bad team this year, then don't watch. Nobody is making you, I for one am looking forward to watching this team play with no expectations.

You (along with others) appear to have been here tirelessly trying to talk down the stupid masses. Respect.. haha.