Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

So we dump J-Rich/Duhon, can buy out or trade Turk/Harrington after this season, get potential in Vucevic/Harkless, get Afflalo as a nice veteran piece.

We get our own draft picks in the top of the lotto from being terrible for a couple years, get complimentary picks from the other teams in the trade, AND we set ourselves up as players in free agency in the coming years with lots of cap space.

Oh yeah, and this was accomplished after Dwight and HWNSNBU completely destroyed our leverage.

AND THIS TRADE IS GETTING BLASTED FOR SHORTSIGHTEDNESS AND STUPIDITY. WHAT WORLD IS THIS? SOMEONE HONESTLY EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS IS "THE WORST TRADE IN NBA HISTORY". DO IT. I DARE YOU. I'LL BE WAITING.

This and I'll post more after work. It's a good thing some people still use logic and reason.

This trade is garbage for the magic.

We're not good enough to make the playoffs and we're not bad enough to have a better chance at the #1 pick.

Afflalo has 4 years left at 7.5 mil (last year player option) Good scorer and horrible defender. He'll make Hedo look good playing defense.

Harrington has 3 years left 21mil.

3 protected draft picks???

How are we getting cap space? This team will suck for the next 4-5 years!

Please help me see the positive about this besides getting rid of Howard's drama and Duhon/J-Rich's contract who by the way are being replaced by Al and Afflalo

Afflalo was voted player of the year in 2007 for the PAC 10 because of his defense. not his offense. Not sure where you get the idea that his defense lacks, but it does not. He's a good on both ends of the court.

Why Aron Affalo over Wilson Chandler?

Wilson Chandler is only going to keep Orlando mediocre. Not good enough to win anything serious, but not bad enough to get us into the lottery.

Go cheer for another team please.

maybe I'll cheer for the New York Knicks who spent 141 million on payroll in 2006 and finished 33-49 since according to you this is the way you build a team, which makes a lot of since with all the championships the've won since then.

the worst of all this is that wwe will have to wait until March 12 to give that panty waist what he deserves ... I bet that day the O-rena will be sold out ...

fans boo him meanwhile the Lakers are hanging a 50 point loss on the Magic...good trade off.

no booing here, I never boo players. It's friggin basketball, I'm a grown ass man dawg.

Wilson Chandler is only going to keep Orlando mediocre. Not good enough to win anything serious, but not bad enough to get us intot he lottery.

we should've kept duhon then, and start him at SG to tank, we not going anywhere with Affalo either

I think the mayonnaise is purple and the Navy drove the cab to Plymouth Rock.

(slightly less random than your Cory Joseph idea)

It is a bit random at this point in time, but watch it happens.

maybe I'll cheer for the New York Knicks who spent 141 million on payroll in 2006 and finished 33-49 since according to you this is the way you build a team, which makes a lot of since with all the championships the've won since then.

I never said that spending was the way to win. I was just responding to your stupid comment on getting new ownership. If you were intelligent and believed in the fact they need to rebuild. Then you would be for this trade. They are going to have 30 million in cap space in 2014, along with their own picks and these other picks in the trade.

The GM is a great evaluator of talent and we have to believe he will turn these picks into something special.

we got harkless. afflalo is a better "person" lol

I just don't understand the logic here,

obviously we didn't trade for talent, went for the better person...

but this better person won't put us at the top or at the bottom.... so why do we want him?

again, if the intention was to get some talents... should've gotten chandler...

if we wanted to tank.... should've kept duhon and J Rich and play them

but why Affalo??? stuck in the middle again...but he is a really nice piece to a contender though...