Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I think the Magic will look to trade for Cory Joseph after this trade is complete. Joseph is a very solid all around player and could make a nice backup for Jameer. He's pretty much became the odd man out in SA with the re-signing of Patty Mills and the addition of Nando de Colo.

just throwing money at the team hasn't worked out so far. How many years have the Knicks been spending money like the Yankees but with different results?

Martins claimed the team was losing money....yeah....my business "loses" money too....all businesses like to look poor but take home a nice check. That being said he will get a real look at losing money this year, next and the year after. Thats why he went on the cheap with a cheap coach and 30 year old cheap gm and gutted as much salary off the team roster. Cant wait to hear the heart and hustle sales pitch again. Where is Darryl Armstrong when you need him. I wouldnt doubt the team is sold and moves as soon as the obligations to the city can be fulfilled. At least we will have a nice venue to see Justin Bieber once a year.

MagicInsider All Magic critics amuse me. What did you expect them to get when they rejected mediocrity with Lopez and Bynum? We're arguing over picks?

MagicInsider I might be the only one on Magic's side in Dwight deal. This is what rebuilding looks like: picks, $30 million cap room in 2014.

Schmitz actually making some sense.

I think everyone needs to hold off judgement, until the WHOLE Deal is reported... There could be additional trades related to this trade, not yet reported..

Just think about this...... Why would we take Harrington, and the lower of Denver's 2014 pick, unless they were taking something from us also....as they getting a major upgrade in talent...

Maybe, just maybe, a separate trade of Turk for Denver's TPE.. Contingent on this whole 4 team trade going down.

That would make us getting rid of J. Rich, Duhon, Turk, and Clark, Along with DH(who does not want to be here).

J. Rich (Highly overpaid for what he brings, almost untradeable contract unless included in this type of deal..)

Duhon (Worthless piece to any puzzle)

Turk (See Duhon, plus lazy and un-motivated to get any better or try harder)

Clark (Not the Smartest NBA player by far, as far as NBA IQ goes..)

DH (Does not want to be here, and killed Orlando's chances at getting any GREAT deal by all of his Whining!!)

You do not any of that around a group of young players that you are trying to mold into quality NBA players, and more importantly Quality People!! That sounds like a Great way to start changing the mentality of the Team!!!

Getting the young talent and Draft picks on top of that is just icing on the cake!!!

REALLY, what could you expect after what HWNSNBU has done behind the scenes, Dwight has done in the media, and what Otis did to this teams CAP?????

This post if full of win. And I hope Turk for their TPE is in the works.

Just like everyone's overreaction on draft night, wait to see how it plays out.

Jameer/???

Afflalo/Redick/Liggins

Eyenga/Harkless/Q

Davis/Nicholson/Harrington

Vucevic/KO/Ayon

I think the Magic will look to trade for Cory Joseph after this trade is complete. Joseph is a very solid all around player and could make a nice backup for Jameer. He's pretty much became the odd man out in SA with the re-signing of Patty Mills and the addition of Nando de Colo.

I think the mayonnaise is purple and the Navy drove the cab to Plymouth Rock.

(slightly less random than your Cory Joseph idea)

So we dump J-Rich/Duhon, can buy out or trade Turk/Harrington after this season, get potential in Vucevic/Harkless, get Afflalo as a nice veteran piece.

We get our own draft picks in the top of the lotto from being terrible for a couple years, get complimentary picks from the other teams in the trade, AND we set ourselves up as players in free agency in the coming years with lots of cap space.

Oh yeah, and this was accomplished after Dwight and HWNSNBU completely destroyed our leverage.

AND THIS TRADE IS GETTING BLASTED FOR SHORTSIGHTEDNESS AND STUPIDITY. WHAT WORLD IS THIS? SOMEONE HONESTLY EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS IS "THE WORST TRADE IN NBA HISTORY". DO IT. I DARE YOU. I'LL BE WAITING.

• Upvote 5

Brian Schmitz says the trade isnt official yet and their still hashing out players included.....also says what I've and many others have been thinking, is that the Houston trade proposals were not as reported.

So we dump J-Rich/Duhon, can buy out or trade Turk/Harrington after this season, get potential in Vucevic/Harkless, get Afflalo as a nice veteran piece.

We get our own draft picks in the top of the lotto from being terrible for a couple years, get complimentary picks from the other teams in the trade, AND we set ourselves up as players in free agency in the coming years with lots of cap space.

Oh yeah, and this was accomplished after Dwight and HWNSNBU completely destroyed our leverage.

AND THIS TRADE IS GETTING BLASTED FOR SHORTSIGHTEDNESS AND STUPIDITY. WHAT WORLD IS THIS? SOMEONE HONESTLY EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS IS "THE WORST TRADE IN NBA HISTORY". DO IT. I DARE YOU. I'LL BE WAITING.

You are better off banging your head against the wall, than convincing the idiots who just like to complain. We will take the 30 mili cap space in 2014 along with a lot of picks to rebuild. #wearemagic