Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Can we all take a step back and look at why everything is going down the way it is. I have heard the names of the players and the teams involved. Every sports writer in the world right now is shaking the Magic tree and laughing at it as nothing comes down. However most forget why we pulled such a move, and without them being close to the situation its pretty one sided.... Everyone wins and the Magic lose.

That is when the reality bat comes in and smacks them in their dirty mouths. The truth is hard to swallow for people trying to make a name for themselves, like the Santa reject Rudolph..... I guess Jarrods nose is too far up Dwights a-- for it to light up. (No I dont like him)

The Goal:

#1. - Move Dwight Howard, who has not shown up in Orlando since leaving for LA during the playoffs.

#2 - Get rid of some bad contracts for players who dont deserve the money - Jason Rich, Chris Duhon, Hedo Turkoglu

#3. - Obtain draft picks for Dwight, or younger players

#4. - Draft and Sign for the Future Magic Championship Run

END

That was it folks and guests who may be viewing this thread watching fans go ape s--t over some of these details. This was the plan all along. There is now way in this world that your going to get back a Dwight Howard for a Dwight Howard, im sure we all agree to that.

Now the sniffling about the news on who is coming our way is really mute. Because we are going to be a low seeded team or barely make it into the playoffs. There for we are going to get high draft picks to start out with, and if we can couple two 1st round picks for an even lower first round seat, then we accomplished our goal.

I am still waiting on the dust to settle before I really break down what we have and what we dont. At the end of the day this is a better situation than what we had when Shaq left for LA and Orlando got "NOTHING".

This deal has to been in the works for awhile! Makes since why we haven't signed a soul except our draft picks and we even waited on them.. We are getting a truck load of players and getting rid of 2 bad contracts with Hedo more than likely getting a buy out next year.

I am sad to see Earl Clark go as he would def fit in our system so would Ryno but Hennigan must see ALOT of talent in our Rooks..

It's a good deal for the Magic... It's either this or let Dwight walk. No team is going to mortgage the farm to get Dwight especially any team in a mid-tier market. Options were limited.

Houston was done as soon a they got Asik.... The committed to a different plan.

We now will have some decent young talent and flexibility. Turkoglu and Harrington will both become vital assets at this years deadline.

It's a plan with risk, but doing nothing was riskier.

Spreading out these first round picks by the teams is genius! Only a young minded GM would think this way.. And to top it off the magic "3" year number I mentioned earlier shows when in 4 years we take LA's first round pick.. Very, very genius!

There you go! Good to start thinking positive here! Henny is a numbers man. There is a reason to the madness! Lol.

Lakers would have to send out more salary. Definitely Eyenga is going, probably Blake and probably McRoberts.

Cant a team contribute up to 3 million cash as part of the deal to make up some of the difference?

The Spurs and Thunder template begins with drafting a hall-of-famer, or in the Spurs case two hall-of-famers.

I know, I'm just frustrated. That said I truly believe the Spurs in particular wouldn't even sniff such a deal.

Not sure what I think about this trade, but I trust that those working in the front office know more about things than I do. If Duhon is gone, I can't be too upset, hate the guy.

I will say that I'm super excited to turn the page, even if it is a chapter on rebuilding. Some of my fondest Magic memories are when we've sucked and were the underdog or had young guys and watching them develop (like Dwight once upon a time).

Assuming this trade does go through, a big THANK YOU to Dwight for all the good memories and hard work he put in over 8 seasons. Yeah, it didn't end how anyone but LA fans would have liked, but I'm not going to let that erase everything else he did for my team, especially when the only knowledge I have about the ordeal comes from second hand sources who make careers of slanting the truth to sell stories.

I'm gonna keep rooting for Dwight (except when he plays Orlando) and hope that he continues to dominate (again, unless it's against Orlando).

To a new chapter, I guess (in which the Magic hopefully strike gold with the #1 pick again).

I'm gonna root for Dwight as well - even when he is playing Orlando - every game I am going to root for Dwight to get hit in the back - hard enough to end his career - my real hope is that he has a career ending injury this upcoming season before he signs his upcoming mega contract.

On other news - Otis would have signed Bynum straight up for Howard - he wouldn't have been able to deal with an other possibility - no way he would have come up with anything else.

I guess this is the best Henny could get - some young guys, moving some players and some draft picks - that is what he wanted - Houston could have offerered better, but some of the reports seemed a bit much as to what Houston was offering. Then there were reports of Houston offering very little. I think Houston should have made a move for him and blew their opportunity - I think a 2/2/2 combination or a 2/3/2 combination might have done it. I think he would have stayed in Houston.

So, now though when he gets the career ending injury we won't have to feel bad for Houston - wouldn't wish that on them. I guess if we don't get a career ending injury - repeated injuries during each season would work, but that would likely mean he gets a big contract - I'd rather see him not get the money, but people would hate on him with multiple injuries, which would be good.

I don't think Hennigan had many options and he got the best he could - I hope he is squeezing them a bit here at the end or he considers walking if they won't throw in the final pieces he wants.

Bynum = bum knee. No takers at trade deadline. Book it.

Philly just traded Iggy, a 1st rounder and took on J Rich's bad contract for him....I think we would have found a taker.