Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

What is the rush in making the deal now then? I'm sure if Hennigan dragged this out a bit longer some team would have been desperate enough to entice ORL demands.

All we were hearing was that ORL was gonna take it's time and not make a deal just to make one, hell some reports even had Dwight not even being guaranteed a trade at all until later on during the season.

Now all of a sudden Hennigan is making a bad deal 2 months before training camp is even supposed to start?

Does not compute.

Of course they are going to say they may consider keeping him while he is STILL ON THE TEAM. It is obvious the Magic had no intentions of letting him near the team this year. I'm sure Rob weighed all his options and this was the best deal for what he wanted going forward. If there was something better out there, he would've taken it.

Seriously, just let it sink in. Dwight only expressed interest in staying long term with three teams. One could only offer a 7 footer who can't even average more than 6 rpg and has admitted to not playing hard, ON A MAX DEAL. The other (Dallas) literally could offer nothing and LA could only offer Bynum, who would either leave or just stick us in mediocrity. Trading him to LA was our best option because they could use Bynum as means to get the young players we wanted. Houston was unlikely to part with anything of value because Dwight and his team have consistently shown their displeasure of going there.

Nerlen Noals and Shabazz Mohammed aren't a guarantee either. Just ask the Bobcats how they feel about not getting Anthony Davis.

I really don't get this! Why not trading for Bynum, he's the 2nd best center in the NBA! He's more potent in the offensive than Dwight, why do we need to rebuild to get Zeller or what so ever? No, let's bring in Afflalo and Harrington, those guys know how to win!!! BTW can someone to the math and tell me how much capspace we will have for next year? And which free-agents will be available? And my last question is why have we resigned Jameer if we want to shred contracts and tank next season? Those "moves" are not understandable.

Read Hollinger's article. The picks the Magic are getting are mediocre at best.

The deals would have not been necessarily better but why rush?

Your not gonna get 80 cents on the dollar for a Dwight trade but why would you accept one that's not even 20 cents on the dollar, which this trade is.

I won't waste my time with anything Hollinger writes. The team we have won't be mediocre, we're looking at 25 wins at most. Which is where Rob wants to be. For unpatient fans spoiled by winning, that will burn. But, it is life in the NBA for teams that don't have the big markets to attract stars.

There was nothing better out there, some of you just aren't getting this yet. Teams weren't going to give up anything knowing that Dwight was likely to leave in a year. We didn't want a Gasol, Bynum or Iggy because they don't fit in to the plan Rob has long term.

This isn't a great trade, but it isn't bad at all considering the circumstances. Afflalo is an excellent shooter/defender with room to grow. He had plenty of big scoring nights and averaged 15 ppg on a team that used a balanced attack. He averaged 18 ppg for most of the season too. Harkless is an athletic freak, he has the tools to be an Iggy kind of player. Vujevic is 21 and had flashes in limited time. We also dumped the two guys we needed to get rid of most (J-Rich/Duhon). We did alright, we'll survive and I look forward to seeing this team on the floor.

I get it completely. Okay we were never going to get better, but I didn't expect we'd get that much worse. How many times do you get a trade chip like Dwight Howard, how many times. + There may have been no deal at present that was much better, but he wasn't going anywhere either.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE GOAL WASN'T TO GET BETTER. THERE WAS NO DEAL WE WOULD'VE MADE TO GET BETTER.

God, I can see where Jareth comes from now. Some people just don't get it.

Of course they are going to say they may consider keeping him while he is STILL ON THE TEAM. It is obvious the Magic had no intentions of letting him near the team this year. I'm sure Rob weighed all his options and this was the best deal for what he wanted going forward. If there was something better out there, he would've taken it.

Seriously, just let it sink in. Dwight only expressed interest in staying long term with three teams. One could only offer a 7 footer who can't even average more than 6 rpg and has admitted to not playing hard, ON A MAX DEAL. The other (Dallas) literally could offer nothing and LA could only offer Bynum, who would either leave or just stick us in mediocrity. Trading him to LA was our best option because they could use Bynum as means to get the young players we wanted. Houston was unlikely to part with anything of value because Dwight and his team have consistently shown their displeasure of going there.

Seriously even Dallas could offer more! They have 3 good rooks, Beaubois, Jones, Wright... If you want to tank do it right!

I get it completely. Okay we were never going to get better, but I didn't expect we'd get that much worse. How many times do you get a trade chip like Dwight Howard, how many times. + There may have been no deal at present that was much better, but he wasn't going anywhere either.

I understand the frustration. I wish we could get more for Dwight, but when his trade list consists of 3 teams who don't have what we are looking for in a deal at all, things get ugly. I think we did pretty well considering the circumstances. Rob will have to make his mark with his draft picks going forward, because that is obviously what he is planning to do.

Seriously even Dallas could offer more! They have 3 good rooks, Beaubois, Jones, Wright... If you want to tank do it right!

NotSureIfSerious.png

How is that better than what we got at all? You're being silly now.

Does nobody know(besides me) that were gonna cut Turk and Harrington after this season?

How? Hedo will count against the cap and yeah Harringtons contract has an option! But is that way we are looking for?

Okay that's good and all but if you could flip Iggy, Gasol or Bynum at the deadline for even more assets if you need to.

Hell Iggy netted more in a trade than Howard it looks like.

You are just being ignorant now.

So, we should trade Dwight for guys that we don't want and just want to turn around and trade later? I don't think I'm the one being ignorant here...

NotSureIfSerious.png

How is that better than what we got at all? You're being silly now.

Tell me what is better with this deal? Afflalo? Nah! Harrington? Nah! Harkless? Nah! Draft pick? Nah! Losing Howard to the might Lakers? Hell yeah!!! <_<

Great but if your gonna rebuild. you should at least get back some quality picks.

All those picks coming back are mediocre 20-30 range.

HOU guaranteed lotto Raptors pick trumps all of those IMO.

I hope Hennigan backs out of trade talks at the last minute.

Picks come with sucking. Id like you to name a team that has landed quality picks after trading a superstar!!