Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Does David Stern own a piece of the Magic? Only curious as if he could veto this trade and then Houston steps up their offer for everything we want.

why is the assumption that people who don't like trades "haven't seen these guys play."

we've all seen Afflalo and Harrington. Most of us probably haven't seen a lot of Vucevic, but know his reputation. And Harkless isn't really under the radar, especially when he was a rumored Magic target for months. People know who these guys are. It's just not that impressive of a haul.

as explained earlier, it's hard to do better when the guy says he'll only play for one team.

I don't like the trade either but i'm warming up to it.

I actually hope some people really really hate this trade and leave. In that case, the quality of these boards will go back to where they were.

• Upvote 1

Does David Stern own a piece of the Magic? Only curious as if he could veto this trade and then Houston steps up their offer for everything we want.

Houston isn't giving anything up. Stop it. If they were willing, it would've happened. They know Dwight wants nothing to do with them, they aren't giving up all their picks and young players.

This is what you call one of those "wait and see" type of deals, a la Memphis trading Gasol to the Lakers. I remember everybody thought Memphis got ROBBED, but that deal actually work out for both teams. Let's hope the same happens for us.

Actually, the reason i hate this trade is BECAUSE i've seen them play. Nothing special.

I hate this deal because we don't rid of more contracts and don't get any good picks. I could care less if we get superstar in this deal.

Also, I wanted Pau Gasol so that we could flip him for even MORE younger talent.

How are you just gonna let the Lakers keep him?

we can trade afflalo and harrington if we want. Keep the rookie deals.

It all comes down to Coach Vaughn now if he can coach and lead the team to the playoffs and have the players agree with him, since Dwight is gone for.

I still have a hunch that Stern might deny it like the CP3 trade to Lakers last season.

why is the assumption that people who don't like trades "haven't seen these guys play."

we've all seen Afflalo and Harrington. Most of us probably haven't seen a lot of Vucevic, but know his reputation. And Harkless isn't really under the radar, especially when he was a rumored Magic target for months. People know who these guys are. It's just not that impressive of a haul.

So most people know that afflalo was averaging 18 ppg on 50% shooting after the all star break and most people know vucevic is a 21 year old 7 footer who put up a few double doubles when he got consistent minutes?

Or are most magic fans clueless when it comes to players that aren't in orlando.

AlexKennedyNBA The Los Angeles Lakers will likely receive Dwight Howard, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark.

WHOOOO CAN'T Wait for that! :bigparty: :creaturedance: