Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

So we're supposed to believe that Martins begged Dwight to not exercise the ETO just so Dwight would be with the Magic for 3 more months (assuming deep playoff run) KNOWING that the Magic would then trade Dwight to Brooklyn at the end of that 3-month period? THAT was the "alleged" promise that Martins broke?

Does anyone really believe that Alex Martins operated under the belief that the trade assets that were supposedly on the table at the March 14 trade deadline were going to "magically" improve 3 months later? Was the hope and a prayer of 1 last playoff run with Dwight so great that Alex would have made such a promise to Dwight? I do not believe for a second that any such promise was made under suich circumstances. It makes no logical sense.

I thought Otis told Dwight to sleep on it when he wanted to sign it right then and there. That doesn't sound like Martins was begging him to sign, that sounds bogus.

Really, it HAS to be less about money and more about perceived visibility and what his agent/people are telling him. The most money is right here in Orlando (or wherever he's traded to, if/when that happens).

He'd probably be able to make more money with endorsements in a bigger market though.

david pingalore ‏@pinglocal6

Official annoucement coming soon from the @Orlando_Magic

Dwight Howard has been officially traded for a bag of marbles, a jar of pickles and a hard boiled egg...

In all seriousness I bet it is the Jacque Vaughn announcement.

Dwight Howard has been officially traded for a bag of marbles, a jar of pickles and a hard boiled egg...

In all seriousness I bet it is the Jacque Vaughn announcement.

AM STRAPPED IN FOR THE HEAD COACH ANNOUNCEMENT *****EN ROFLMAO.

The Orlando Magic Need To Stand Up To Dwight Howard!

"Your career has already been changed as you have put yourself into the locker room cancer category. And loyal? Please. If you were loyal you would have not told your team publicly that you wanted to be traded last year, you would not have told management you wanted Stan Van Gundy fired and then denied it when approached by the media, and you would also not be coming out just two months after signing your waiver and reiterating you want to be traded this season. If I was in charge of the Magic, I would play Howard’s game. I know Orlando wants to get something in return for him but make a statement to not only Howard, but the rest of the league.

Say thanks Dwight for your insight and thanks again for letting us know you don’t want to play for us. Because of that, we will just take the hit at the end of the season as you walk away–but before you do that, enjoy sitting at home for the entire 2012-2013 season, just like Lamar Odom did with the Mavericks last year. We don’t need you and we don’t want you. Thank you for your service." CBS Detroit

Yeppers, I do not want to pull a trade just to pull one..... if we cant get a somewhat fair deal, then "DO NOT" deal Dwight at all.

SIT DWIGHT FOR THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly like the idea of a MEM trade more than LA, but not as much as HOU. I mean, we'd obviously be better for a few more years (depending on the package) but would it make us contenders? None of their players made them legit contenders. Whether it's by virtue of letting Dwight walk or a Houston-like trade, I think the best course of action is to tank and start from scratch. I just don't see any other trades making us good enough to get out of the 2nd round.