Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Stephen A. Smith is tired of Dwight. That is where we are.

Funny you mention him. He has a radio show on espn radio here in NYC and just finished the show talking about Dwight. Here's a little recap.

-called Dwight to see how the meeting went. Dwight said hi but let his "people" talk for him

- still only wants BK but Adidas is pushing him to LA as well.

- said Martins promised to trade him to BK this summer if he signed the ETO

-told the Magic to honor Martins promise to trade him to BK

Figured to pass it along. Find it funny how Dwight has people speak for him but not surprised at all. Also think the whole "promise" is all bs because had he not signed it he would be in bk as we speak.

I think he's just saying he'll sign with Dallas if he's traded to the Rockets so that the Rockets won't trade for him.

This is why most of us Houston fans, and most importantly Morey are willing to roll the dice. Walking from Houston to Dallas is far from a sure thing.

honestly, if I were the Rockets, I wouldn't pull the trigger on any trade for Dwight Howard. After how the dude treated this situation, I think calling him the Terrell Owens of the NBA is perfectly fair.

Guy went from fun-loving face of the NBA to a cancer REAL fast.

I would give my left nut to see Dwight blackballed like T.O.

I would only trade Howard if you feel you can't win right now!

Dark Horse teams looking to possibly win a championship this year could try to rent Howard for 1st ever title: Clippers,Jazz

I would love to have Derrick Favors and pick for Howard... at the expense Utah possibly winning a title then Howard leaves if he wants! :bigparty:

Funny you mention him. He has a radio show on espn radio here in NYC and just finished the show talking about Dwight. Here's a little recap.

-called Dwight to see how the meeting went. Dwight said hi but let his "people" talk for him

Figured to pass it along. Find it funny how Dwight has people speak for him but not surprised at all. Also think the whole "promise" is all bs because had he not signed it he would be in bk as we speak.

exactly how I see it ...

Howard wants a big market and OKC isnt one. Id he went there they will contend for a title again, but he doesnt really care about winning. He ju$t want$ more money

So we're supposed to believe that Martins begged Dwight to not exercise the ETO just so Dwight would be with the Magic for 3 more months (assuming deep playoff run) KNOWING that the Magic would then trade Dwight to Brooklyn at the end of that 3-month period? THAT was the "alleged" promise that Martins broke?

Does anyone really believe that Alex Martins operated under the belief that the trade assets that were supposedly on the table at the March 14 trade deadline were going to "magically" improve 3 months later? Was the hope and a prayer of 1 last playoff run with Dwight so great that Alex would have made such a promise to Dwight? I do not believe for a second that any such promise was made under such circumstances. It makes no logical sense.

Howard wants a big market and OKC isnt one. Id he went there they will contend for a title again, but he doesnt really care about winning. He ju$t want$ more money

Really, it HAS to be less about money and more about perceived visibility and what his agent/people are telling him. The most money is right here in Orlando (or wherever he's traded to, if/when that happens).

david pingalore ‏@pinglocal6

Official annoucement coming soon from the @Orlando_Magic

Oh my God Ping. It's time to strap in.