Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer

Bynum's checklist: block trade, sign extension with Lakers, inherit kingdom in 2 years.

think it's false, no reason for bynum to sign an extension in only 2 years

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer

Bynum's checklist: block trade, sign extension with Lakers, inherit kingdom in 2 years.

think it's false, no reason for bynum to sign an extension in only 2 years

He is talking about Kobe retiring in 2 years = Bynum's team.

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA

From @JRudolphSports: http://tinyurl.com/czq9hmp My take-Howard making it known to Rockets he'd rather chase rings in LA than be part of Linsanity

This. Henny prefers Houston give us the farm. I believe this is being driven by LA or HWNSNBU

IF (and that's a HUGE "IF") Bynum would commit to a long-term contract with the Magic, Hennigan would have a tough choice to make. Does he take Bynum to build around (knowing the maturity/knees issues) over some package of cap relief and draft picks from Cleveland, Houston or whatever else might be out there?

If Bynum would commit to Orlando, the Magic could send J Rich and Duhon to the Lakers and take back Bynum with pieces that give cap relief:

ORLANDO gets:

BYNUM (new center to build around)

BLAKE (Upgrade at backup point guard over DuDu with 1 year less remaining on his contract)

McROBERTS (expiring contract)

Lakers own 1st round pick in 2013 (likely at end of 1st round)

LA GETS:

HOWARD

J RICH (Orlando cap relief)

DUHON (Orlando cap relief)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=756obw9

• Downvote 1

I don't think it was ever a real question if Dwight would sign with the Lakers since the Nets are no longer an option.

The real hold up is that Hennigan doesn't want Bynum so we need a 3rd team to take him and get us the package of prospects, picks and cap relief we want.

After this is all over, I don't care if I never hear or read the word "sources" again. It has become a four-letter word to me.

I am looking forward to Henny's presser addressing all the rumors being put out by insder "sources".

Who here would be excited to rebuild around Bynum? I'm not sold he can be dominating if he received double teams the way Howard does, but I haven't seen him play enough to have a qualified opinion..

Can Bynum be the primary piece in a championship team? If you were to have a fantasy draft and all teams had to start from scratch what pick would he be?