Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Regardless of what happens with Dwight or the rest of our garbage, it's time for RDV to sell the team. Even if RDV/Martins only view Dwight as a business asset, to only check up on him once? Not talk to his doctor? That's just bad business.

Drunk dialing, stripping the GM of power without firing him, letting a coach tell the media a player wants him fired, a 3rd superstar leaving on bad terms. It's unreal the ish that happens with this team over and over and over again.

Meant to + and hit - by accident.... I'll get you back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Regardless of what happens with Dwight or the rest of our garbage, it's time for RDV to sell the team. Even if RDV/Martins only view Dwight as a business asset, to only check up on him once? Not talk to his doctor? That's just bad business.

Drunk dialing, stripping the GM of power without firing him, letting a coach tell the media a player wants him fired, a 3rd superstar leaving on bad terms. It's unreal the ish that happens with this team over and over and over again.

Does anyone buy anything from Amway? For the life of me I can't see how that business works, especially since websites like Amazon are out there now.

I never like our ownership group and wish someone like Heisley (or Disney related) would have bought us.

And that is a very abbreviated synopsis of the dysfunction at one magic place. Truthfully it is very hard to support the direction this team has been headed since Devos came here. I dont mean it disrespectfully but it has been very amateur ownership, certainly without any real direction.

• Upvote 1

It sounds pretty awful when you list some recent bad things that have happened and then add "over and over again" at the end.

Though I don't see SVG dealing with BS as bad, or stopping Otis from continuing to ruin this team, for that matter

No

Please dont take this in any negative fashion, but wouldn't "In Rob We Trust" be more appropriate then henny? What with the whole "In God we Trust" and what not...seriously not an insult my man, I just kept looking at it and thought I'd give a friendly suggestion.

It sounds pretty awful when you list some recent bad things that have happened and then add "over and over again" at the end.

Though I don't see SVG dealing with BS as bad, or stopping Otis from continuing to ruin this team, for that matter

Oddish, I don't find what SVG did as being all that bad. Dude was honest and I appreciate that. Hate coach speek. But ownership didn't even take a side; completely ignored the whole thing. You can't sit silent when the two figureheads of your business are squared off like that. And agreed, stopping Otis from managing things was good, but FIRE HIM or publicly demote him. Just sitting back and having it leaked that he wasn't allowed to make trades is unprofessional.

We've been bounced from the first round 2 years in a row, the only move we made from the first go-round was amnestying our backup point guard and replacing our big off the bench. Now, the only move it looks like we're going to make is trading the one "primetime" player we have.

This stupid Dwightmare stems from a much larger problem and that's the awful ownership and management that we've had over the last few years.

From the top (RDV, Martins) to the middle (stan, Otis, Dwight) to the bottom (great picks like Fran and Orton), it's been a train wreck.

It sucks for Hennigan that he's in the middle of this mess and seems to be the only person amongst the "powers that be" (Dwight, RDV, Martins) with any kind of professionalism. Only person capable of actually listening to anyone else.

In Henny I trust, but at this point, he's the only real "beacon of hope" within the organization.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oddish, I don't find what SVG did as being all that bad. Dude was honest and I appreciate that. Hate coach speek. But ownership didn't even take a side; completely ignored the whole thing. You can't sit silent when the two figureheads of your business are squared off like that. And agreed, stopping Otis from managing things was good, but FIRE HIM or publicly demote him. Just sitting back and having it leaked that he wasn't allowed to make trades is unprofessional.

We've been bounced from the first round 2 years in a row, the only move we made from the first go-round was amnestying our backup point guard and replacing our big off the bench. Now, the only move it looks like we're going to make is trading the one "primetime" player we have.

This stupid Dwightmare stems from a much larger problem and that's the awful ownership and management that we've had over the last few years.

From the top (RDV, Martins) to the middle (stan, Otis, Dwight) to the bottom (great picks like Fran and Orton), it's been a train wreck.

It sucks for Hennigan that he's in the middle of this mess and seems to be the only person amongst the "powers that be" (Dwight, RDV, Martins) with any kind of professionalism. Only person capable of actually listening to anyone else.

In Henny I trust, but at this point, he's the only real "beacon of hope" within the organization.

They relieved Otis of his duties and then fired him, so I don't understand your complaint there. They did take a side on the SVG situation, seeing as he's no longer here. They lost in the first round this year primarily because our best player, you know, one of the top 4-5 players in the league, was out.

And as you mentioned, they just got done signing a seemingly competent GM who has already shown he's willing to do things differently around here. We have one of the finest sporting venues in the country. It's hardly time to sell the team.

Rudolph on twitter trying to draw attention to YBR's DMs by saying it's none of his business :lol:

YBR, is that your twitter? Markee?