Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Cat,

I apologize for my demeanor on here. I believe the information I've been given us good. Until Dwight is traded to Anywhere but LA I'll hold out the belief that I have because where I've gotten it from has been solid so far.

As far as thinking my opinion is supeior to others; I don't. I disagree with the notion that Dwight needs to be traded and "getting the best we can" is the optimal route for this franchise.

Past speaks for itself; that it's hard to trade up in the draft; especially into the top 2 where the signs point to where you'll need to be to get Mohammed or Noel. I like Zeller more than most but IMO you need an elite wing to put with him. I don't see that potential (I'm lower than you on Lamb) in the Rockets package nor in the free agent field. Harden included. His finals performance really worried me because at ASU I remember complaints about him shrinking.

We have 2013 cap space and if Hennigan can move Jason that becomes second Max room. The longer Dwifht is own Orlando (physically in the city with the team) the more the city has grown on him. If I remember correctly someone a while back posted something Otis said about having to re-sell Dwight after every Off season with his "people". If a lot of this is based on money, I also don't see him leaving a new contract here on the table. It's a lot of money. I think a certain point guard leaving Donald Sterling is more likely.

So really in both scenarios you have the cap room to have 2 max guys (it would take more work of we kept Dwight) so I guess it comes down to what you see as a greater probability. Dwight re-signing or the Houston players (or who we sign) becoming all-nba caliber players. It's my belief the former is more likely.

Again I'm sorry for my behavior here. I just disagree with 99% of you :P

• Downvote 4

Ok nice..yeah looks like a lot of you agree. I just think this guy could be a steal in the proposed trade. I like all the guys coming in. Even Martin and his expiring deal.

We are going to be thin at PG and (LOL) may need a true C. I don't think Oquinn is ready to start. BUT there is the potential of Fran looming out there and that could be resolved by Monday.

Jameer/FA?

JJ/Lamb

Parsons/Hedo/White

Nicholson/Jones/Peterson

Fran?/Gus/Oquinn

I also think we may be 12mm UNDER the cap..possibly..Has anyone done that # crunch? Probably too early for that.

I expect them to take the "Moneyball" approach with the backup PG position. Patty Mills and A.J. Price are two guys I could see them targeting.

I said before that Lamb dropping to 14(?) was criminal. Has exceptional talent.

And he has a cool name

and Daniel Orton is with Toronto. But we're still negotiating with Ish's people me thinks.

That's irrelevant. Until he signs a contract with an NBA team, he can negotiate with any NBA team, regardless of who's Summer League team he is on.

Whoops, my bad. Thanks for dropping that knowledge on me big homies.

Target in FA? Very easy... The bearded one. Given the tax penalties, I don't believe OKC will be willing to sign Harden to the deal he warrants. With our assets or even how we structure a deal, the bearded one could be in Orlando next summer. That is very realistic. And to take it a step further, I'd want the bearded one to be our PG of the future. He plays that position all of the 4th quarters of OKC's games, and I see him having a similar skill set and leadership capacity, just in a bigger body, as the all-star version of Chauncey Billups.

Man, I hope so: that would almost make up for losing Dwight.

I said before that Lamb dropping to 14(?) was criminal. Has exceptional talent.

He went 12th but I still consider that a steal. I thought he was a lock for the Raptors at 8.

I think the reason he went 12th instead of 8th has a lot to do with the Raptor's way of thinking at the time. At the time they thought they were a dead to rights winner in the Steve Nash sweepstakes. Ross is an amazing P&R player, so it makes sense that he would be drafted over Lamb in that regard, and it really didn't pan out because Nash ended up in LA.

I appreciate Good Job Rob being patient but I don't think we should wait too long on the Houston deal IMO. I think we come out like bandits and it really gives us a bright future where if we keep Dwight nest season looks like this season. Dwight is our key to get out of the cap hell Otis put us in and I have confidence given some good pieces to work with Good Job Rob can put together a winning team in a couple of seasons.

I just lost a camera I was bidding on... it had a buy it now or best offer... while I was waiting for a reply to my offer someone came along and did a buy it now. I lost the camera and it was a great deal as a buy it now but I got greedy and missed out. I'm sure the Lakers would love to dump their trash and Bynum for the deal Houston supposedly has on the table for us! Just sayin'