Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider

#orlandmagic don't expect a deal involving Dwight Howard today. No hurry whatsoever.

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider

Receiving Andrew Bynum from Lakers would be Magic's best deal, although club is concerned about his knees holding up.

I actually want to see more players walk. We need to tear this sucka down and rebuild, and we can't do that with wastes of space like Lopez or other garbage contracts. This is why I don't want to trade Howard at all. We won't get anywhere near fair trade value, we can get his 19mil off the books and have the space to go after some players next year, and there's probably no way he could sign in NJ. It's a win-win-win for the Magic...

I meant walking on that busted foot of his. I'm guessing Brook's only in the league for another year or two before throwing in the towel. If we HAD to take Brook, I'd be a lot more happy about it if he was on a one-year contract so we could cut/trade him at the end of the year. Being saddled with a max deal is pure insanity.

On the upside, there's simply NO WAY Rob takes that deal: Nets just created a blatantly obvious poison pill with that one.

How about rather than reaching for a center with bad knees vs a center with bad feet (and no spine), we just find a bruiser willing to rebound a little and set picks and start looking at talented wings. I'm pretty sure the money would be better spent on players that are actually worth the money.

How about rather than reaching for a center with bad knees vs a center with bad feet (and no spine), we just find a bruiser willing to rebound a little and set picks and start looking at talented wings. I'm pretty sure the money would be better spent on players that are actually worth the money.

+1.....the current rules don't favor post players anymore....especially those who can't make FT's.

Just need a shotblocker/rebonder with enough offense to keep the other team honest.

Rox fan here.

The Brooklyn trade talks aren't going anywhere. The purpose of those ongoing discussions is two-fold.

1. Brooklyn wants to keep Dwight from being traded until they can get DWill's name on a contract tomorrow night.

2. Your GM is trying to ratchet up the pressure on Morey to take on more of your bad contracts (JRich, Duhon, QRich) than Morey is willing to take right now.

There's no way that Hennigan wants a dinged up Lopez on a max deal for the next 4 years that is a very high risk of turning into a boat anchor drag on his cap. Not only that, if he trades Dwight to Brooklyn, those picks he gets from Brooklyn are essentially second rounders that he has to pay a guaranteed salary to. Just not going to happen. Hennigan is hoping somebody else (Clippers, Lakers) steps up to the plate and beats Morey's offer....by tomorrow nite.

Oh snap, it's jopatmc!

Clutchfans invade Truebluenation!