Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Anyone here ever gone to Alaska?

So yeah, has anyone here ever visited Alaska? Specifically Denali national park? I'm planning a trip there next year to mountain bike the entire Denali Park RD (or at least whatever sections of the 92 mile road are open at that time) with either my girlfriend or some friends or both. If anyone has done it or has done camping and mountain biking in places like this any type of info would be wonderful.

So yeah, has anyone here ever visited Alaska? Specifically Denali national park? I'm planning a trip there next year to mountain bike the entire Denali Park RD (or at least whatever sections of the 92 mile road are open at that time) with either my girlfriend or some friends or both. If anyone has done it or has done camping and mountain biking in places like this any type of info would be wonderful.

I spent 3 hours there at night....on the way home from Nam, in my tropical uniform, in March.

I just came in here to say that I am extremely jealous of your Alaska-trip plans.

That is all.

Heh. It's got me real excited. Gotta plan out what else I will do besides Denali as well. Probably check out Anchorage and Fairbanks. And I know for sure I really want to go to Kodiak Island.

Heh. It's got me real excited. Gotta plan out what else I will do besides Denali as well. Probably check out Anchorage and Fairbanks. And I know for sure I really want to go to Kodiak Island.

I've done a Caribbean cruise and loved it. I think if I ever experience Alaska, it might be on one of those Alaskan cruises.

I've done a Caribbean cruise and loved it. I think if I ever experience Alaska, it might be on one of those Alaskan cruises.

Doing the cruise crossed my mind a few times, but I think it would restrict what I want to do too much. I really want to spend a lot of time exploring the wilderness places.