• Thunder in 4
    • Thunder in 5
    • Thunder in 6
    • Thunder in 7
    • Heat in 4
    • Heat in 5
    • Heat in 6
    • Heat in 7

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and admit that I am actually happy for LeBron. I still don't like the dude, but the amount of hate he's gotten has been pretty fubar. Glad he got his ring. Now he might do a Dirk and lose some of his desire, since he's gotten one... or I hope. Magic 2013 Champions, Hedo for FMVP?

• Upvote 1

The 'filler' guys played great for the Heat throughout the playoffs.

They had a role, they felt it, they embraced it. Chalmers, Miller, Battier, Cole, Haslem, the lot. Each one knew that if they had a good night, they'd get minutes, shot attempts, plays for them.

(same with the Celtics)

I want our new Head Coach to built the team like that: EVERYBODY can contribute, and they should know and feed off it.

You hold a tv special to announce where you're signing, you deserve every bit of hate that comes your way. The guy is an egomaniac, he gets every call imaginable, and he had two of the best players in the NBA playing next to him. This title is as impressive to me as defense in an NBA all star game. This really only proved what we all knew anyway, without major help Lebron wasn't ever winning a title on his own.

This.

He has been also constantly hyped and celebrated by the media.

This for me is a sad day for basketball. Feel bad for the kids taking this guy as their model, and for the people working hard to actually build a team and win a championship.

Hoping that next year they get owned by some less individually talented but better team.

Only bright spot for me is that he appears to have matured a little. He might be playing the phony and I'm not giving him credit just yet though.

As for the Thunder, they have a bright future if they keep building on what they've done so far. We might have a multi-year rivalry between these two teams.

• Upvote 1

This.

He has been also constantly hyped and celebrated by the media.

This for me is a sad day for basketball. Feel bad for the kids taking this guy as their model, and for the people working hard to actually build a team and win a championship.

Hoping that next year they get owned by some less individually talented but better team.

Only bright spot for me is that he appears to have matured a little. He might be playing the phony and I'm not giving him credit just yet though.

As for the Thunder, they have a bright future if they keep building on what they've done so far. We might have a multi-year rivalry between these two teams.

This so much. With the way this whole thing went down, with the trend that LeBron is setting for future NBA players to follow (see: Anthony, Carmelo and Howard, Dwight), and with the overwhelming bandwagon that built upon this, with the media eating it up at every possible opportunity, I feel like the NBA died with a Miami Heat / LeBron James championship. It's about LeBron James getting a ring, not about the Miami Heat winning a title for their organization and their city. It's players calling the shots, and determining who they will play with and where. The bandwagon and the ego just got validated tonight, and I for one am sad to see the NBA hit this state of affairs.

• Upvote 2

Because the Thunder model is "easier" to achieve. How many teams can get 3 out of the Top 10 (back then, currently Bosh is not Top 20) players to join in the same year?

Any team in a big market can do it easily. That is the trend that LeBron James has set in motion. Big market super teams is the future of the NBA.

You hold a tv special to announce where you're signing, you deserve every bit of hate that comes your way. The guy is an egomaniac, he gets every call imaginable, and he had two of the best players in the NBA playing next to him. This title is as impressive to me as defense in an NBA all star game. This really only proved what we all knew anyway, without major help Lebron wasn't ever winning a title on his own.

I don't like the Heat or LeBron, but give him credit for how he's played. He didn't choke and played like a future HOFer.

Jordan had Pippen and very good role players in the early 90's. Then added Rodman and good role players after his come back. We hate LeBron for his desicion, but when I put my hate aside, this dude could eventually be compared to Jordan. He's a couple of rings away, but he's still young and with plenty of time to get a ring for every finger on his hand.

Can you think of many or maybe just 1 player that won a championship all by himself? LeBron took the Cavs to the finals with a whole bunch or role players, but wasn't able to win. You need another all star player or a couple of really good players + good role players to get there.

Congrats to the Heat and its bandwagon fans

2012 NBA Champion Miami HEAT*

*Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose were injured.

Congrats HEAT.

Like that would've made things different.

Dwight had a **** supporting cast and Miami just owns the Bulls

• Upvote 1

I don't like the Heat or LeBron, but give him credit for how he's played. He didn't choke and played like a future HOFer.

Jordan had Pippen and very good role players in the early 90's. Then added Rodman and good role players after his come back. We hate LeBron for his desicion, but when I put my hate aside, this dude could eventually be compared to Jordan. He's a couple of rings away, but he's still young and with plenty of time to get a ring for every finger on his hand.

Can you think of many or maybe just 1 player that won a championship all by himself? LeBron took the Cavs to the finals with a whole bunch or role players, but wasn't able to win. You need another all star player or a couple of really good players + good role players to get there.

Congrats to the Heat and its bandwagon fans

It's not that he had help but how he got it and how much help he got, put in the perspective of the amount of hype he gets.

The Bulls actually drafted Pippen and those were the only superstars in that team. While Rodman is a HOF, he wasn't a top 10 caliber player as far as I know.

The Thunder have way more similarities with the 90s Bulls than the Heat.

With that said, he does deserve credit for his game as always. But getting the kind of players he got to help him should make him look better and win a ring at the very least.

Lebron grew a pair after 9 seasons. But he is still an arrogant punk! I hope dwight take lessons from Lebron and win one next year with the Magic.

• Upvote 1