Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez66

Justice League coming to the big screen?

Man of Steel next year will be the test. Nolan is probably much more suited for the producer roll in this facet, to add his gritty realism to a director who would need that balance. Him teaming up with Zack Snyder might end up working out real well. If Snyder nails this one, I would not be surprised at all if he is the one who lands the Justice League helmsmen job, with Nolan producing again.

Or DC can just go ask Joss Whedon. He already proved he can do it, and he said he would love to do a JLA movie. DC already screwed up when they didn't green light his Wonder Woman movie, since they didn't think he could handle a big time film.

Whedon is used to being doubted by know-nothing executives, meanwhile fans universally adore him and his work.

Zach Snyder has only missed once with me, with Sucker Punch, so he could definitely do Superman justice. Of course, I also love Bryan Singer and didn't think he could mess up Superman! Maybe you're right...Nolan will add the balance.

Whedon is used to being doubted by know-nothing executives, meanwhile fans universally adore him and his work.

Zach Snyder has only missed once with me, with Sucker Punch, so he could definitely do Superman justice. Of course, I also love Bryan Singer and didn't think he could mess up Superman! Maybe you're right...Nolan will add the balance.

Sucker Punch was actually a good movie if you watch the directors cut version. They nearly edited out 30 minutes of the film that got the story to truly make coherent sense. I saw it in theaters and was so disappointed. Then i saw the blu ray collectors cut at a friends and was stunned at the decision making that went into editing out parts of the film.

Singer's biggest mistake was clinging to the past. His work on Superman Returns was a classic throwback to the old Superman movies of the 80's and he didn't realize that Supeman's themes don't work the same way today. You should check out some of the stuff on Man of Steel. I'm especially happy with the casting. I was hoping he would snag Tom Welling from Smallville for the role of Superman, but Henry Cavill from the Tudors is a solid choice. But even more so is Russel Crowe playing the part of Jor El, and Michael Shannon playing the part of Zod.

The only one that concerns me is Amy Adams as Lois Lane. She was good in the The Wrestler but one of the choices for the role was Olivia Wilde from Tron. She would have been perfect for Lane. It is ironic though, that Adams is the only Smallville alum to get a part in Man of Steel, and she was only in one minor episode.

We can all agree on this: no choice for Lois Lane could ever be as bad as Margot friggin Kidder. It still blows my mind that anyone ever would have expected us to find her attractive, let alone believe that Superman could move worlds (literally) to save such a woman.

We can all agree on this: no choice for Lois Lane could ever be as bad as Margot friggin Kidder. It still blows my mind that anyone ever would have expected us to find her attractive, let alone believe that Superman could move worlds (literally) to save such a woman.

Agreed. It was pretty cool though how Smallville brought back both her and Christopher Reeve to play two key roles in one of their seasons. I also forgot, another good Man of Steel casting choice, Kevin Costner is playing Jonathan Kent.

That fight should retire Matt Hughes. Machida has been figured out. Think BJ can win the title again, just not against Edgar, b/c Edgar is the perfect fit to fight BJ.

Oh and GSP is going to rock Koschek. I give Koschek 2 rounds before he loses to a head kick.

----------------------------------------

Lunettes De Soleil Rayban

I've never been so utterly confused by a post before.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've never been so utterly confused by a post before.

I believe it was supposed to be in the UFC thread.