Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoMagicFan1234

Best player in Magic history?

Easily the second dumbest post in this thread. The "Armstrong is the best player in Magic history" post narrowly edges this one out.

I'm sure there have been dumber things said. Anything from ThuglifeJ comes to mind.

I'm sure there have been dumber things said. Anything from ThuglifeJ comes to mind.

ThuglifeJ posted in this thread? I haven't seen that guy in forever.

ThuglifeJ posted in this thread? I haven't seen that guy in forever.

I somehow read "thread" and thought "forum". I'm just as dumb.

I could make an arguement about any of the top 4 players.

Shaq was so dominant when he played that they had to change the rules.

Penny was one of the 1st 6'7 point guards I remember watching who could do just about everything you needed.

T-Mac was probably the most exciting offensive player in Magic history. But he only cared about his offense.

Dwight is my favorite player. The most exciting player in my opinion. If he stays with us he will surpass the other 3 by the end of his career.

Armstrong isn't close to being the best player in our history. But he should definitely be mentioned as one of the favorites.

Easily the second dumbest post in this thread. The "Armstrong is the best player in Magic history" post narrowly edges this one out.

I think it should be the dumbest, since the" Armstrong is the best player in Magic history" at least is referring to a guy who gave his all night in and night out year in and year out. I mean the guy bled Magic blue his entire career with the Magic and was the leader of the heart and hustle teams.

I think it should be the dumbest, since the" Armstrong is the best player in Magic history" at least is referring to a guy who gave his all night in and night out year in and year out. I mean the guy bled Magic blue his entire career with the Magic and was the leader of the heart and hustle teams.

I love Armstrong as much as the next Magic fan. It doesn't change the fact that Armstrong wasn't a better player than Shaq, Dwight, McGrady, Penny or even Nick.

I love Armstrong as much as the next Magic fan. It doesn't change the fact that Armstrong wasn't a better player than Shaq, Dwight, McGrady, Penny or even Nick.

I agree. I am just saying that the post by Jameered Dwightmare should be dumber than the Armstrong post since Armstrong did mean a lot to the team back then. Then again I did not go back and read the entire Armstrong post, so id could still be the dumbest.

Where does armstrong stand among the best Magic players? I would think he should be in the top 15, but then again its Monday morning and thinking can be hard on Mondays.

I would have agree if he played more than 4 years with the Magic but he did not so Penny gets my vote

Penny is my favorite Magic player ever, but seriously, Dwight Howard did more for the organization than Penny did.

As much as I love Penny, I don't think Penny wins under any criteria.

If it's BEST PLAYER - as in, just the best player that also played for the Magic, it's Shaq. Hands down. Hell, if you want to really stretch the definition, you could say Patrick Ewing, even though he did nothing of note with Orlando. But then that branches into a really bad ideology that Patrick Ewing, Dominique Wilkins and Chauncey Billups were some of the best Magic players ever.

Which leads me to believe the question is best career while with Orlando.

If it's BEST CAREER with Orlando, then you have to give it to Dwight, who took us farther than we've ever been before. Penny can then enter the conversation, but still behind Shaq who made us a legitimate franchise, and probably about equal with T-Mac and Nick Anderson.

I'm gonna go with Best Orlando Magic Career, and I'll list my top 5 as such:

1.) Dwight Howard

2.) Shaquille O'Neal

3.) Penny Hardaway

4.) Tracy McGrady

5.) Nick Anderson

McGrady could swap positions with Penny due to T-Mac's individual accomplishments, but I'm going to give Penny the edge because he helped take us to our first franchise NBA Finals, helped to make the Magic a legitimate franchise, and kept Orlando somewhat competitive, at least in terms of making the post-season, in the post-Shaq era. Neither Penny or T-Mac had great supporting casts, but T-Mac could never get out of the first round, and had a very bitter departure from the franchise, basically giving up on the Magic his last year here.

Even if you include Ewing, Wilkins, and Billups, I still think it's easy to say that Shaq was the best player to ever put on a Magic jersey. It does start to get a little muddy after that though. I personally think Dwight has already eclipsed those players but you can certainly argue that Ewing and Wilkins have accomplished more. I would take Ewing and Wilkins over McGrady. It's much harder to say with Penny because of how injuries robbed him of his talent. I would put him ahead of Billups but not anyone else based entirely off of production and not factoring in overall ability.

By rating best players that just so happened to put on a Magic uniform, you're basically just judging all time greats, you're only limiting the list to those that were ever on an Orlando Magic roster, regardless of their time here.

Saying that Patrick Ewing, Dominique Wilkins, or Chauncey Billups were some of the best Magic players is like saying Michael Jordan is one of the greatest Wizards players ever, Karl Malone was an all time Laker great, or that Jerry Rice was a great Denver Bronco, or that Terrell Owens is the best Buffalo Bills wide receiver of all time.

I just can't count them because they were either on their last breaths here in the case of Ewing and Wilkins, or in the case of Billups, was a bench player at best and never had any kind of impact. These guys did nothing of significance in their time with the Magic.

Now, comparing those guys in their prime to guys like Penny in their prime?

I'd take Shaq > Ewing, but I certainly wouldn't put Penny > Ewing, nor do I think I'd put T-Mac > Ewing, Wilkins either. And you may be right about Howard.

So basically, I guess I'm agreeing with your post through all of that, lol.

And I agree about Penny, he's a wild card. Incredibly talent, got robbed by injuries, who knows what would have happened for him if he could have stayed healthy.

As far as Shaq v. Dwight goes, that's a very close debate, but I have to give the edge to Dwight Howard. Shaq may be the better player career for career, but I have to give the edge to Dwight when it comes to Orlando career for Orlando career, simply because what Dwight accomplished in Orlando I believe is bigger than what Shaq accomplished in Orlando. The Magic have had their best seasons and greatest success with Dwight Howard, and Dwight Howard has earned a lot more individual awards and accolades in his time with Orlando than Shaq did.

saying Michael Jordan is one of the greatest Wizards players ever

That may still be accurate.

• Upvote 1

Shaq- 4 years

TMac- 4 years

Dwight- 8 years

give Dwight his dues, under normal circumstances the Orlando Magic star player should have left 4 years ago!