Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoMagicFan1234

Best player in Magic history?

Shaq in his first 4 seasons was too inexperienced and couldn't dominate with pressure and the game on the line. Dwight can't do it even in his first 8 seasons.

Tracy could though.

I think we really need more clarification on this before we can make an informed choice. Are we talking best player that has ever played for Orlando or player with best Orlando Magic career?

If we are talking about the best player to ever play for the Magic then the answer is Shaq and it's really not even debatable. If we are talking about best Magic career then I think the answer is Howard over McGrady and Penny. The reason being is that Dwight has made the team a championship contender while McGrady and Penny (after he played with Shaq) were good enough to keep us in playoff contention.

• Upvote 2

Shaq was named to the 50 Greatest Players list after only his 4th year. He played as many seasons as T-Mac did in Orlando so you have to disqualify both if going for longevity.

Dwight has made the team a championship contender while McGrady and Penny (after he played with Shaq) were good enough to keep us in playoff contention.

McGrady went into the playoffs with studs like Troy Hudson, Gordon Giricek and Andrew DeClerq as starters. I'm not sure Dwight could have propelled a team out of the first round with teammates like those, much less win three games against the once mighty Pistons.

Just sayin.

I think we really need more clarification on this before we can make an informed choice. Are we talking best player that has ever played for Orlando or player with best Orlando Magic career?

If we are talking about the best player to ever play for the Magic then the answer is Shaq and it's really not even debatable. If we are talking about best Magic career then I think the answer is Howard over McGrady and Penny. The reason being is that Dwight has made the team a championship contender while McGrady and Penny (after he played with Shaq) were good enough to keep us in playoff contention.

Best player that ever played for Orlando

So far I am the only one that picked Penny

That's because you are wrong. This isn't even an opinion. Shaq is without a doubt the best player to ever put on a Magic jersey. He's in most people top 10 list of greatest players of all time.

That's because you are wrong. This isn't even an opinion. Shaq is without a doubt the best player to ever put on a Magic jersey. He's in most people top 10 list of greatest players of all time.

I would have agree if he played more than 4 years with the Magic but he did not so Penny gets my vote

McGrady went into the playoffs with studs like Troy Hudson, Gordon Giricek and Andrew DeClerq as starters. I'm not sure Dwight could have propelled a team out of the first round with teammates like those, much less win three games against the once mighty Pistons.

Just sayin.

Dwight could have dragged Mike Miller, Outlaw, Armstrong and crew through a playoff series or two. The east was not that strong during that time frame. McGrady never made it out of the first round with a much more talented Rockets team either.