Bang Gundy

Rumor Thread for Next GM & Coach

83 members have voted

1. 1. GM

2. 2. Coach

I'm basically saying they all are terrible free throw shooters but that they could make up for it in other ways, hence the fact that they have a combined total of 5 championship rings together. Heck I remember when Tim Duncan was a terrible free throw shooter haha

Tremendously on point. The fact that Dwight is an extremely lousy free throw shooter doesn't negate the fact that he is one of the Top 3 players in the League, and one to be dominant for the years to come if injury free

I'm basically saying they all are terrible free throw shooters but that they could make up for it in other ways, hence the fact that they have a combined total of 5 championship rings together. Heck I remember when Tim Duncan was a terrible free throw shooter haha

Thats the same point I had, the fact it comes down who is on your team. Shaq had Kobe, Horry, Fisher, etc... Ben had Hamilton, Billups, Prince, etc....

Hence Jesus being the HC wouldnt have any effect on Howard and his lack of shooting. It really comes down to what players we put around Dwight.

Tremendously on point. The fact that Dwight is an extremely lousy free throw shooter doesn't negate the fact that he is one of the Top 3 players in the League, and one to be dominant for the years to come if injury free

correct

Thats the same point I had, the fact it comes down who is on your team. Shaq had Kobe, Horry, Fisher, etc... Ben had Hamilton, Billups, Prince, etc....

Hence Jesus being the HC wouldnt have any effect on Howard and his lack of shooting. It really comes down to what players we put around Dwight.

And right, we just need a GM who can gel a title team together. I would hope Dwight works on his free throws when he gets the chance though

Being the Knicks are keeping Woodson as HC isn't the door wide open for Phil? If he wants back in this is where the Magic can make huge strides towards that championship Dwight is looking for.

Shaq and Ben Wallace disagree with you

Shaq had Kobe taking the shots at the end of games and Ben Wallace shot the ball approximately 2 times a season.

Totally missed the point being discussed

No, I don't think I did. The point that Barnette was making is that it's hard for a team to win it all without a consistent scorer in crunch time and we don't have that since Dwight can't be counted on to make free throws (correct me if I'm wrong Barnette). No coach is going to be able to fix a flawed roster like that. Then YaboyR threw out Shaq and Ben Wallace's names which unintentionally -at least, I think it was unintentional - supported the point that Barnette was making. Shaq never won a championship without a premier scorer playing next to him. Ben Wallace was never a scorer, period. Had either of those players been relied on as their team's primary scorer in the 4th quarter, I have serious reservations that Shaq would have won a championship and I damn sure know that Wallace wouldn't have won one.

It also should be pointed out, since his name was also thrown out there, that Duncan's worst free throw shooting year was 03-04 when he shot .599 from the charity stripe and his career average is .688. His playoff career average is .680. We should be so lucky.

I'll take Sloan or Skiles if Dwight is no longer in the picture. If he stays, I don't want to go through the same **** again.

I'll take Sloan or Skiles if Dwight is no longer in the picture. If he stays, I don't want to go through the same **** again.

Yeah. If we are going to hire a coach to **** off Dwight then we should have just kept Stan. He's more than capable of that.

Yeah. If we are going to hire a coach to **** off Dwight then we should have just kept Stan. He's more than capable of that.

Too true, that is why I am glad we will pencil in a GM first. Then we can decide which way to go with coaching choice. In the end I think Dwight will stay, so Sloan and Skiles are not options.

But I think it would be a pretty funny meeting between Alex Martins and Dwight if we hired Sloan or Skiles. That would be the ultimate trolling moment in Magic history.

"So we fired Stan because you and other players felt he was too negative and hard on you guys so........ We hired Scott Skiles. You mad, bro?"

• Upvote 1