Bang Gundy

Rumor Thread for Next GM & Coach

83 members have voted

1. 1. GM

2. 2. Coach

He's 70 years old and done amazing things, but his time is up. Heard about Scott Skiles, that would be intriguing.

Definitely.Skiles is intriguing, I'd take Shaw and then Skiles as Ass't or vice versa.

Skiles doesn't have a job now?

Also saw this via Peter Vecsey

Rumor: Scott Skiles would love to become Magic coach http://t.co/qoL9Ipsx

You know I have a bias in that direction, but again: I think we need a coach that's won a championship. Over and over, we stuff our roster and FO with people that are good, but haven't won anything. Even in college.

Do we have one person on our team that won a championship in either the pros or college? One person in our FO? I'm trying to remember, but the fact I'm struggling at it tells me probably not.

In regard to Scott Skiles as intriguing as it would be, I'm of the opinion that he needs us more than we need him. I would have Brian Shaw before I went for Skiles. + Shaw deserves a shot.

LMAO @ Scott Skiles being the Magic HC.

Look fella's, you think SVG was hard you havent seen nothing until you see how hard Scott Skiles is. You think D12 wont clash with another HC who is going to preach defense and playing all out for the entire length of the game?

Shaw is a favorite because he isnt these things, or should I say that Shaw isnt going to get in your grill like SVG, Sloan, and Skiles will. This can be a good thing and bad thing. This can either make players over achiever or create mass mutiny if the players dont believe in you. Its like having Bill Cower or a Tony Dungy, both are exceptional leaders in their own right and have had success. Then you have the Rex Ryans and Charlie Weis's, both are and have not had success with their leadership styles with their players.

Either way, it comes down to the players anyways. If we have a Non Free Throw shooting Center, you can have Jesus as your HC and it still wont make a difference, because Dwight will still brick the Free Throw attempt.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You know I have a bias in that direction, but again: I think we need a coach that's won a championship. Over and over, we stuff our roster and FO with people that are good, but haven't won anything. Even in college.

Do we have one person on our team that won a championship in either the pros or college? One person in our FO? I'm trying to remember, but the fact I'm struggling at it tells me probably not.

Big Baby has won, and of course he played the best in the playoffs for us. Coincidence? I don't think so...

Look fella's, you think SVG was hard you havent seen nothing until you see how hard Scott Skiles is. You think D12 wont clash with another HC who is going to preach defense and playing all out for the entire length of the game?

Shaw is a favorite because he isnt these things, or should I say that Shaw isnt going to get in your grill like SVG, Sloan, and Skiles will. This can be a good thing and bad thing. This can either make players over achiever or create mass mutiny if the players dont believe in you. Its like having Bill Cower or a Tony Dungy, both are exceptional leaders in their own right and have had success. Then you have the Rex Ryans and Charlie Weis's, both are and have not had success with their leadership styles with their players.

Either way, it comes down to the players anyways. If we have a Non Free Throw shooting Center, you can have Jesus as your HC and it still wont make a difference, because Dwight will still brick the Free Throw attempt.

Agreed y'all are crazy to think Skiles would be a good coach for us. Thats a downgrade. His teams have no offensive production, good d though. I would like to give Shaw a HC job to see what he can do. Maybe he will be the next Phil Jackson, ya never know, but if Sloan is interested his record speaks for itself. The Jazz have always been successful with him, lets not forget it was douchebag Deron who forced him out. I would love to pick up Sloan as much as Shaw, but what do you want HC experience, or a guy who had a great previous boss? I'll take experience anyday.

No to Skiles...coming from SVG, he is similar (very hard on his players, prioritizes defense) but not as proven yet.

Sloan, interesting.

Shaw, perhaps what we need.

Shaq and Ben Wallace disagree with you

• Upvote 5

Big Baby has won, and of course he played the best in the playoffs for us. Coincidence? I don't think so...

That's right: forgot about BMD. And no - don't think it's a coincidence: you win something like that, especially if you had to come back to do it, you learn how to win.

How would they disagree with me YBR?

I'm basically saying they all are terrible free throw shooters but that they could make up for it in other ways, hence the fact that they have a combined total of 5 championship rings together. Heck I remember when Tim Duncan was a terrible free throw shooter haha

• Upvote 1