Bang Gundy

Rumor Thread for Next GM & Coach

83 members have voted

1. 1. GM

2. 2. Coach

I don't get how OKC playing games would effect Hennigan being hired. He doesn't have an active role with the team's on court activities. If the Magic called him up and offered him the gig, then I would think they would work on getting it finalized ASAP. Especially with the draft being 8 days away and FA not too long after.

It doesn't seem weird to you to leave an organization in the middle of the playoffs, ESPECIALLY when it's the finals? Come on now.

I ain't saying that we've absolutely picked him, but I can definitely see why he wouldn't just leave right now. It's not the right time..yet.

It doesn't seem weird to you to leave an organization in the middle of the playoffs, ESPECIALLY when it's the finals? Come on now.

I ain't saying that we've absolutely picked him, but I can definitely see why he wouldn't just leave right now. It's not the right time..yet.

He doens't have a role in what the Thunder do on the court. If he knows he'll be the Magic GM, then he'll want to hit ground running with the draft a week away and FA a week after that. Not waste his time sitting in an office in a job he knows he won't have in a few days.

He doens't have a role in what the Thunder do on the court. If he knows he'll be the Magic GM, then he'll want to hit ground running with the draft a week away and FA a week after that. Not waste his time sitting in an office in a job he knows he won't have in a few days.

Who is to say that he isn't already working for us and the public announcement is what is being delayed?

First off, I think this is a great hire from a draft standpoint, for obvious reasons. However, I think it still remains to be seen how this will work out when it comes to dealing with superstar egos. Sure, he's dealt with stars in OKC and San Antonio, but those stars (Durant, Duncan, others) hardly have an ego and star-power like Dwight and those who Dwight wants to lure to O-Town. THAT will be interesting to see.

But like I said, drafting will be promising for sure. He's learned from LITERALLY the two best franchises in basketball when it comes to the draft.

In addition, I think this could be a really good draft for us next week. I know him being on the job for only a week prior kinda stinks, but I'm sure the Thunder have been scouting this draft since last June...maybe he can use his knowledge regarding this draft from their staff and bring it here.

All in all, good hire. Could be great, depending on how the Dwight scenario is handled.

First off, I think this is a great hire from a draft standpoint, for obvious reasons. However, I think it still remains to be seen how this will work out when it comes to dealing with superstar egos. Sure, he's dealt with stars in OKC and San Antonio, but those stars (Durant, Duncan, others) hardly have an ego and star-power like Dwight and those who Dwight wants to lure to O-Town. THAT will be interesting to see.

That's assuming Dwight even plays another game in a Magic uniform.

For discussions on Rob, go to the newcly started Rob Hennigan thread. This one is now closed.