Sign in to follow this  
SHOWTIME

Who MUST go and who should stay.

I said he shouldn't get surgery? Quite the opposite. Emory said that.

Actually, that's not at all what I said. I said that surgery shouldn't be the first option. Also, you are still a moron.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can we go back to the topic now.

Oh and Flawless, he has set up well over 30 accounts. It's funny, he shows up and usually says something about other people having no life but, he's the one that we've repeated told "no one likes you here" and yet he keeps coming back.

30 accounts? You fail to consider the fact that I have 2 laptops at home (one that uses a separate internet connection for business purposes), 1 computer in each clinic. 4 IPs you gotta look for. In the 4 years I've been here? I am Captain Hi-Top! I am DOM! I am Beast! I take credit for their awesomeness!

To get back to topic -- Otis better be gone after today. Any news on that?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

30 accounts? You fail to consider the fact that I have 2 laptops at home (one that uses a separate internet connection for business purposes), 1 computer in each clinic. 4 IPs you gotta look for. In the 4 years I've been here? I am Captain Hi-Top! I am DOM!

Not everything is about you.

• Upvote 2

30 accounts? You fail to consider the fact that I have 2 laptops at home (one that uses a separate internet connection for business purposes), 1 computer in each clinic. 4 IPs you gotta look for. In the 4 years I've been here? I am Captain Hi-Top! I am DOM! I am Beast! I take credit for their awesomeness!

Someone just lives for attention....

And is the only person that laughs at their jokes...

• Upvote 1

Captain may not want to flat out say this, but since he and I are the same person, I'm going to do it for him/us/me:

Arielle, formerly known as Fishybashi, creeped out a former forum member so badly that she stopped posting here. If creepy, sexual-agressive, internet stalking was a crime, Arielle/Fishy would have been locked away and the key would have been destroyed.

The guy is a complete an utter fail, in the most complete sense of the internet term.

• Upvote 2

Ok this will be the last time I comment on this nonsense. 1. the 30 account comment was in response to Flawlesses question about how many accounts Curran has had, not you. That would be why I responded to him and not you. 2. The next time you create any duplicate I'm going to ban that alt, expose all of your nonsense to the rest of the board, and then I'm going to ban you. I don't know if this stuff is considered funny in your world but I don't find it funny and I don't think I'm alone on this one. It's like we are trapped in some god awful comedic routine that a 4th grader would use in a school talent show.

• Upvote 6

I feel that Arielle is very similar to Otis Smith. No matter how much people on this board hate him, he inexplicably is still here.

• Upvote 2

Staying on topic- Otis, the scouting staff, and Stan should probably go even though I feel Stan is the best coach this franchise has ever had. Since Dwight won't stay if Stan stays, you have to let Stan go because we have a better chance of winning with Dwight without Stan than we do with Stan without Dwight.

Ok this will be the last time I comment on this nonsense. 1. the 30 account comment was in response to Flawlesses question about how many accounts Curran has had, not you. That would be why I responded to him and not you. 2. The next time you create any duplicate I'm going to ban that alt, expose all of your nonsense to the rest of the board, and then I'm going to ban you. I don't know if this stuff is considered funny in your world but I don't find it funny and I don't think I'm alone on this one. It's like we are trapped in some god awful comedic routine that a 4th grader would use in a school talent show.

a_b52-bombs-away-01.gif

As for the topic at hand...

Otis is the obvious out. I do believe Stan's time has come to an end, however. Despite him being an excellent X's and O's guy and a damn good coach overall, I've questioned a few of his decisions pretty much since our Finals run...Jameer being on the court at all AND defending Fisher in the last 10 seconds of game 4 when he hit those infamous 3's...Jameer playing AT ALL during the Finals...extremely stubborn rotations...not utilizing Gortat a wee bit more...not benching or resting a few of our older vets (Vince, Hedo, J-Rich, Duhon)...etc etc.

Which leads me to the route of keeping Dwight (which should be a no-brainer), but not at the cost of us bending over backwards for his "demands". If we can make some moves to free up cap room and/or aquire an Iggy, Ellis, or J. Smith THIS year, then by all means GO FOR IT, but NOT if the only way to do it is by mortgaging the bit of flexibility we'll have in the near future (Summer of 2013-14). That's exactly what got us into this whole mess in the first place...thanks to a certain someone who would surely surround Dwight with 4 dwarfs and STILL stay "I like this team!".

Also, to a lesser degree. Ewing has done a phenomenal job with Dwight, but I feel he has reached his peak. I would love to see Hakeem as a permanent member of our coaching staff and then maybe we would see Dwight take that next step...that 25 and 15 step.

:lurk:

is anyone interested in the debate between Arielle and other people? I am not.

When does the Otis Firing show begin? :popcorn:

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a while. Classic, truly.

On topic, Otis must, must, must go. We all know this, and we all agree with this. I read earlier that the Washington trade wasn't that bad, and I have to thoroughly disagree. If he hadn't made the Washington move, then the flexibility for Orlando for the 2013 off-season would be much better. Instead of amnestying Lewis, we could amnesty Hedo, and just let Lewis' contract run out. At least I'm pretty sure. I can't figure out whether Lewis can opt into 2013 season or not. Regardless, Lewis would have been much better for this team than Arenas from a lot of different angles. Lewis was a very good rotation defender. He was very good at closing out the back-side three point shooters when Orlando decided to overload one side, which has always been often. He was better at this than Anderson or BBD; better than Anderson due to quickness and experience/intelligence/understanding, better than BBD due to quickness. I'm not in love with RA like so many here, so I wouldn't have complained about him not getting bigger minutes (he helps rebounding, especially offensively, but his lack of versatility and D tell me he's not that much of an upgrade over Lewis). Keeping Bass would just mean Orlando would have more financial flexibility down the road, at the cost of a little defense which we gain back trading Lewis' minutes for Anderson's.

BBD is a mirage to a lot of people right now. Yes, I like his hustle and tough low post and rotation D, but his offensive numbers in the playoffs come mainly from a team that had played an offensive system revolving around a center for years, and he was the new center. His %s were not good, though they were better than some others on the team. My point is that he is not going to be effective on the same floor as Dwight. We should all remember that. You know, from the whole season he just played marginally offensive ball.

So Otis must go. Stan probably will go, which I think is a mistake. He's a better coach than anyone Orlando can get right now, and that is by a lot. I hear people suggesting D'Antoni and other losers like that, and I'm amazed at the "grass is greener" mentality of it all. The sad truth is that Red Auerbach could rise from the grave to coach this team, and I doubt they'd get out of the second round of the playoffs.

Hedo would be nice to get rid of, but I can't imagine anyone dumb enough to take his contract. JRich is one of the worst contracts on this team, actually. He's not that far from worth his yearly salary right now (by not that far, I mean only paid about double what he's worth), but he's declining rapidly and his contract is long. Anyone stupid enough to take him is probably crazier than Otis at this point. At least Otis just gave him that contract to make Dwight (or just Dwight's agent, who seems to control him body-snatchers style) happy.

So who must go: Otis

Who should stay: Dwight, Stan, JJ, 'Meer

Who probably will go: Otis, Stan, Dwight

Who probably will stay: Hedo, Duhon, JRich

I hope I'm wrong. But I doubt it.