Sign in to follow this  
~O~

ↈ NBA Conference Finals ↈ

Rondo had better get a suspension. How many games did Turk do for touching that ref?

One if I remember correctly. Rondo won't get one and you know it.

One if I remember correctly. Rondo won't get one and you know it.

And that's a load of crap and one more shot to the head of NBA's credibility. Turk gets suspended for coming over and placing his hands on a ref to get an explanation for a call, Rondo brings out his inner most "Thug Lyfe!", and will get, at worst, the same punishment. Not much credibility left, NBA!

Edit: Pretty upset watching all the TNT guys trying to explain away what happened. Was it a bad call? Probably. Should Rondo have Thugged out over it? Nope.

With Boston catching up on us, we'd never get that call on the loose ball.

:beatcomp:

A. I actually thought the foul was the right call.

B. Rondo will absolutely be suspended. The NBA is annoying sometimes, but they're not stupid. It's written out clear as crystal in the rulebook:

"Any player ... guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game."

All the people saying "he tripped" are ridiculous. Don't watch his feet. Watch his upper body. Look at the scowl on his fast and his CHEST THRUST into the official.

Boston will be without him in Game Two...no doubt about it.

With Boston catching up on us, we'd never get that call on the loose ball.

:beatcomp:

Don't worry. With rondo out of the picture, hawks might destroy the celtics in the first round. At least it won't be that big of a concern.

• Upvote 1

A. I actually thought the foul was the right call.

B. Rondo will absolutely be suspended. The NBA is annoying sometimes, but they're not stupid. It's written out clear as crystal in the rulebook:

"Any player ... guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game."

All the people saying "he tripped" are ridiculous. Don't watch his feet. Watch his upper body. Look at the scowl on his fast and his CHEST THRUST into the official.

Boston will be without him in Game Two...no doubt about it.

He will prob get suspended for 2 games since he did the same thing earlier during the Celtics and Piston game where he threw the ball at the reff.

What the hell just happened? how in the world did the Flippers come back from a 27 game deficit and win the dang game? :beatcomp: :chairshot: :panicworker:

So, where are all the SVG apologist who think its GREAT having your starting lineup when the game is over with a minute to go?

Ibrahim (Copenhagen (Denmark))

I guess Tom Thibodeau was glad after Clippers game...

mike wilbon (1:45 PM)

You think so? Every coach in the league, perhaps except Pop, would have had the starters on the floor at the end of the game. Coaches play their best players in playoff games, period. If people think other coaches would have played it differently, they're not paying attention to the rest of the league. Coaches ALWAYS have guys in the game when fans and media folk think they should be resting. For my entire life I've screamed at the TV, "They're up 25, why can't they put so-and-so in" or "why can't they sit these guys up 29 with six to play?" The answer is simple: Because they're coaches. The thought of a comeback like the Clippers pulled off is nightmarish for coaches. They wake up in a cold sweat dreaming about stuff like that. So they keep their guys on the floor. It's a fact of life. John Wooden did it, Dean Smith did it, Red Auerbach did it, Phil Jackson did it. It ain't changing. Especially not in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1