Drain-O

Magic vs. Pacers Opening Round Playoffs 2012

David Baumann ‏ @DavidBaumann33

Indiana's Paul George actually just said, "Tomorrow is most definitely a must-win." Man, I hate the must-win phrase.

Roy Hibbert on #Magic D by @iambigbaby11: "They were trying to get lower than me and push me off the block. We got something for that."

#Pacers coach Frank Vogel said he wants his team to recommit itself to the running game against the #Magic.

#pacers Roy Hibbert upset with himself for letting #Magic Big Baby and Ryan push him off block. Wrote "STAY" and "LOW" on shoes with marker.

Whelp

David Baumann ‏ @DavidBaumann33

I just talked to Pacers Associate Head Coach Brian Shaw about my story that Dwight Howard preferred him or Michael Malone to SVG... More...

Shaw said Howard never talked to him before the season about it. With timing of the story, he didn't want his name attached to it. More...

Shaw said he was 3/4 thru a year in IND trying to accomplish something big w Pacers and just hearing about a preseason preference... More...

Only thing B Shaw took from it is maybe it made sense bc he once played in ORL with Shaq-focused offense, or maybe Dwight likes triangle O?

Brian Shaw did say he was "flattered" that Dwight Howard would want him as a coach, but truly focused on the job he's doing now in Indiana.

#Magic Jameer on call from Dwight: "We've been talking every day. I’m calling to see how he’s doing and he’s complimenting us on our play."

#Magic More Jameer on D12:"He wants to be here, but unfortunately he can’t. He’s been very, very supportive throughout the last few days.’’

I didn't realize that writing words in magic marker equaled ability to do said things. Good job Hibbert.

• Upvote 1

Aight, This is what the Pacers are going to do in game 2. Suffocate Jameer defensively so he doesn't penetrate inside. Score more buckets in the paint because our allstar center isn't there. Give the ball to West. Energy. yadadyady we win.

EDIT: I think we're gonna lose.

I've got to take my hat off to two people specifically and that's SVG and Earl Clark. Pacers choked the game away but those 2 three-point daggers in tha 4th he called up for J-Rich was magnificent.

Clark did his best Dwight impersonation and had what 3-4 blocks?? He brought energy and was jumping all over the place for rebounds.

I have to wonder if we find a way to win Game 2 could this...end up being a sweep??

Hey YBR, how's Dwight relationship with the players right now? I know you said that their were leaked conversations by a few players, but overall, has there still been communication or is everyone just keeping their distance unti the seasons over?

I didn't realize that writing words in magic marker equaled ability to do said things. Good job Hibbert.

What does it say that we are playing without Dwight, without an actual back up center, and the Pacers have to game plan to make Hibbert more effective?

What does it say that we are playing without Dwight, without an actual back up center, and the Pacers have to game plan to make Hibbert more effective?

It means Hibbert is soft. He's always been soft. Especially against guys who are in that 6'8-6'9 range who can get underneath him. IE) Joey Dorsey at Memphis.

It means Hibbert is soft. He's always been soft. Especially against guys who are in that 6'8-6'9 range who can get underneath him. IE) Joey Dorsey at Memphis.

He's like a stick figure as well. He has no mass to him at all. Even if he could get position he's not that good of a offensive player any way. One thing baby has to do though is get into his body more when he shoots. He does that he won't block as many shots.