Drain-O

Magic vs. Pacers Opening Round Playoffs 2012

A nice big F YOU to anyone and everyone predicting the Magic to get swept in this series.

What about those of us who predicted a sweep but were hoping for a miracle?

I think Pacers in 6.. however, I think the Magic at least have a chance against Indiana, whereas I think Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, & Boston all beats their brains in. I'd give the Magic all 5% chances or less against all four teams. Heck even the Knicks would be rough.

But Indiana? They're playing great lately, however, they lack playoff experience and their best offensive player, Danny Granger, comes and goes to say the least. Hopefully this won't be Granger's coming out party.. but I give the Magic a 25-30% chance to pull off an upset. Indiana can blow the Magic right off the floor, yeah. But they're more than capable of falling on their faces, too.

Overall, I think these playoffs are going to be much more crazy than anyone thinks. I'm not predicting them to happen, but don't be surprised if any of the following happens:

* ATL beats Boston

* Orlando beats Indy

* Knicks beat Heat (you heard me)

* OKC loses early, don't make WCF

* Nuggets beat Lakers

The potential is there in my mind for those wacky "experts" and "pundits" to be more wrong than they've EVER been. I guess we'll see.

As a Magic fan I just want to see them, win or lose, go down (or get ahead) swinging. Energy and effort for 48 minutes like that great win against Philly a while back, that's all I ask for.

:shard:

Youve always been my favorite post game poster even without the stock up stock down post!!

LOL thanks. I'm proud of the Magic but MAN did Indy goof that game. Like I suspected they might, they pulled a collective Le-Choke James.

They made the playoffs last year for the first time in a long time. But they were the 8 seed, Chicago was #1.. they played them super tough, but that was easy. No expectations, a hard fought but short series.. a bit of playoff experience out of it.

But they have no experience with expectations. They're supposed to beat us. They're supposed to sweep us. They're supposed to embarrass us, people think. They haven't been "Goliath" in the playoffs since Reggie Miller was there. The Magic played well enough to put doubt in them.. and they cracked.

The Magic have disadvantages all over the floor, they're bigger, they have more talent 1 through 12, but there is one thing the Magic have more than the Pacers do.

We believe.

We all we got. One down.. three to go.

GO MAGIC~!

P.S. Thanks Danny! For being the same woefully inconsistent basketball player I've come to know and be disappointed by in fantasy basketball all.. season.. long. :shard: :tongue: :shard: