OrlandoMagicFan1234

Dwight wants trade after season is over

and then lose him for nothing? he does not want to play for Magic any more. this relations can not be repaired. he must be traded. better in offseason, to avoid all this distraction again...

define "nothing".

No Dwight, no Jameer, no JJ, no Hedo, no Duhon (last two are partials) = a lot of cap space.

Trading Dwight for Brook Lopez = 4 year, 40 million dollar albatross.

Disagree. We hold him to the trade deadline, see if the new GM can bring in some help. If he can't, make one last run.

You must like Orlando being the laughing stock of the league,because if we go through this again we would look desperate and foolish trying to beg Dwight to stay.

You must like Orlando being the laughing stock of the league,because if we go through this again we would look desperate and foolish trying to beg Dwight to stay.

If you have to trade a player like Dwight Howard -- and I hope they do not have to -- and you don't get significant players in return, you are going to look desperate and foolish anyway. If he is not back next season, they are going to need to add talent and beef to this roster.

We look even more foolish trying to sign Amare in an attempt at getting Dwight to stay in Orlando.

Yeah, especially since Amar'e still is under contract for a few seasons. The Magic won't try to get him . His contract is not insured because of past injuries.

We look even more foolish trying to sign Amare in an attempt at getting Dwight to stay in Orlando.

???

i really don't want another off season and first half of the season till the deadline like this really downer of season again, the only year i remember that was worse was our 21-61 season which sucked to no end.

i think we should keep stan and trade dwight to the nets and get a draft pick and Lopez as stan, liked or not is a top tier of coaches in the league and replacing a top coach with a another top coach does not happen. I'm just a fan of his 40 mil 4 year contract. i think the best deal will come form L.A its a shame they traded Fisher I would of been happy with Bynum and Fisher for Dwight and Duhon or Jameer .

the other changes that IMO need to made to our roster is JJ has to start over J Rich i think its time move Duhon or Jameer and get a bit of youth behind either one . with Chicago and Miami will be the dominant teams in the east for the next 4-5 years it wont hurt to start now to make another run i can handle waiting that long over another 14 years between trips to finals.

Fellas, barring a miracle, I think Otis and Stan are gone soon.

Smack, welcome back! Always good to add some spice for the young posters.

Fellas, barring a miracle, I think Otis and Stan are gone soon.

Smack, welcome back! Always good to add some spice for the young posters.

The Miracle would be Otis being gone.

Hey YBR,what up with ownership sending Otis to Cali to check up on Dwight?It seems like Otis and Dwight are still close,maybe Dwight just wants SVG fired and keep Otis as gm.

If that's true, I'd rather send Dwight and Otis packing, and I'm not one of the Dwight-haters on this board. I don't think all of Otis' decisions have been bad, but a lot of them have been badly researched, and regardless of funding or office size, it's the GM's job to pull the trigger or decide not to. Regardless, we're in this situation, with overpaid, declining players, a weak bench, very little depth with our bigs, because of decisions the front office made.

That's not on Stan, that's on the GM and the Front Office.

If Dwight doesn't realize that, he's not going to be any happier if/when Otis keeps making the kinds of decisions that have gotten us to this situation. Getting rid of Stan, probably the only guy who could make this thing work as well as it has, would be colossally stupid.