Sign in to follow this  
Justin Jaudon

If not Stan, Who?

If we fire Stan, we will be getting a Johnny Davis. He might dress like someone else, talk like someone else, but he will be Johnny Davis.

You know, I think if Stan does not come back, there are going to be issues other than Dwight. It definitely won't be Stan's actual ability to coach. He's extremely smart and always prepares his team well. We've actually never seen Stan coach a team without any stars, though. He had Dwyane Wade in Miami and has Dwight here. I'm sure he will get all he can out of the guys on any roster, but you've got to have talent to win, too. I can't see him being happy on a team that struggles sometimes. Look how good the record has been, and yet, he always seems unhappy.

I also doubt Magic management was all that happy when Stan referenced the commissioner in the same sentence with Third World dictators. That made Stern mad and the team got a reprimand for that.

Then there was the complaint about playing on holidays, which although I am sure is a pain for team members, is considered an honor in the NBA. Sometimes, in his postgame comments, he says maybe a little more than he should while he is still hot.

One thing I personally find irritating is Stan's brother always has to comment on ESPN about what team management should do or on how the team is playing. And it's usually not positive. I mean he should go to work for the Magic if he wants to meddle that much. They always say they don't talk about the team, but I find that hard to believe if they talk every day like they say.

And what players on the team have not had words for him at some time when they come off the court? We know for sure that some others have had issues with him.

Lets fire Stan because hes tongue isn't in every single ass that needs to be licked!

Really? Is this all you have to say? How about you stop with the silly internet cliches - that ceased being funny several years ago - and actually attempt to address the points that he made. You were the one that suggested that a good coach can win games without good players.

Cool story. :svgsad:

Ellis in the triangle would be nothing short of a disaster.

Monta Ellis would thrive in the triangle,he can get his own shot,and one of the best penatrating sg in the NBA.It would be like Kobe/Shaq instead we would have Ellis/Dwight.Also Ellis is a very underated passer,he average 6assist a game.He's a playmaker who could take pressure off of Dwight.Also it does help that Dwight wants to play with him.

Monta Ellis would thrive in the triangle,he can get his own shot,and one of the best penatrating sg in the NBA.It would be like Kobe/Shaq instead we would have Ellis/Dwight.Also Ellis is a very underated passer,he average 6assist a game.He's a playmaker who could take pressure off of Dwight.Also it does help that Dwight wants to play with him.

You clearly have little to no understanding of how the triangle works. It's predicated on passing and cutting with emphasis placed on the ball moving and not sticking with any one player. Dribble penetration is not a top priority within that offense. When you saw Kobe and MJ in isolation situations, that was NOT the triangle offense. And Ellis is obviously not as good as Kobe or Jordan and him straying outside of the offense would not produce the same results. Also, it's important to note that every team other than Phil Jackson's teams that have attempted to run the triangle have failed miserably.

Cool story. :svgsad:

Point taken. You make stupid declarations and then when someone challenges you on them you turn to moronic catch phrases in order to save face. I wish I had seen this post first before I responded to your argument on the triangle offense. I wouldn't have bothered discussing anything with you.

You clearly have little to no understanding of how the triangle works. It's predicated on passing and cutting with emphasis placed on the ball moving and not sticking with any one player. Dribble penetration is not a top priority within that offense. When you saw Kobe and MJ in isolation situations, that was NOT the triangle offense. And Ellis is obviously not as good as Kobe or Jordan and him straying outside of the offense would not produce the same results. Also, it's important to note that every team other than Phil Jackson's teams that have attempted to run the triangle have failed miserably.

Ok you say it predicated on passing and cutting,You must don't watch Monta Ellis play,he is a very underated passer,he averages 6apg that's more than Kobe and Wade,he is one of the best cutter's and slashers in the game,if you watched Milwaukee play you will see that they run most of their offense with Ellis cutting and running around screens to get the ball.Also I never said Ellis was as good as Kobe/Jordan so stop putting words in my mouth.One last thing,we need a guy who can get his own shot and create in isolation situations,that is what Ellis would bring to this team.Yes I do understand the triangle offense,you just don't know what Monta Ellis could bring as a all-around player.

Point taken. You make stupid declarations and then when someone challenges you on them you turn to moronic catch phrases in order to save face. I wish I had seen this post first before I responded to your argument on the triangle offense. I wouldn't have bothered discussing anything with you.

Oh yeah,cool story. :svgsad:

Wow, Magic Man getting completely destroyed in this thread.

Anyone who thinks Ellis would be a perfect fit for the triangle needs their head examined.

Throw your keyboard out the window and follow it kid.

• Upvote 1

Wow, Magic Man getting completely destroyed in this thread.

Anyone who thinks Ellis would be a perfect fit for the triangle needs their head examined.

Throw your keyboard out the window and follow it kid.

Too bad ownership think's otherwise,he was the guy we were targeting at the trade deadline,and we will continue to this offseason,Also Dwight wants to play with Ellis.As for the triangle offense,that's only if we hire Brian Shaw.

Ok you say it predicated on passing and cutting,You must don't watch Monta Ellis play,he is a very underated passer,he averages 6apg that's more than Kobe and Wade,he is one of the best cutter's and slashers in the game,if you watched Milwaukee play you will see that they run most of their offense with Ellis cutting and running around screens to get the ball.Also I never said Ellis was as good as Kobe/Jordan so stop putting words in my mouth.One last thing,we need a guy who can get his own shot and create in isolation situations,that is what Ellis would bring to this team.Yes I do understand the triangle offense,you just don't know what Monta Ellis could bring as a all-around player.

Jesus Christ, I'm done. Your reading comprehension is nonexistent. Stick with asking people if they are mad.