Sign in to follow this  
Justin Jaudon

If not Stan, Who?

Goodness Bauncey, really? Avery Johnson or Mike Brown?

Brown flat out sucks, as anyone who watched a fair share of Cleveland w/ LeBron games could tell you. King James was the coach of the Cavs, Brown was a virtual cheerleader. How blase' the Lakers players have been under Brown as opposed to the Phil days should speak volumes; they think this guy is a joke. Because he is.

Avery Johnson.. if you think Dwight can't get along with Stan, I couldn't imagine what it would be like with Avery! Nuclear disaster is the phrase that comes to mind.

As far as who I think the Magic should go after?

Jerry Sloan.. Brian Shaw is a really good idea, because the Magic seems to like Magic alumni in as many positions as they can, and Shaw qualifies on that front as a former Magic player, but with a ton of assistant coach experience.. definitely the smartest choice among the assistants in my opinion. I 'd like to pry Rick Adelman from Minnesota, because qutie frankly Adelman was my first choice over SVG before he even came here.

Here's another idea.. why not make Brenden Malone or Patrick Ewing the head coach? (If Ewing was head coach, I'd want Malone still on staff to help him) I mean, if Stan's personality is the problem Dwight and some players have, and not the Xs and Os, then that would fix a bunch of problems, right?

In conclusion.. NO college coaches. We need someone Dwight would at least have a bit of confidence in. Not to mention the other players, fans, etc.

I think the Mike Brown proposal was ironic. Who in a sane state of mind would vote for Potato Head?

You make a good point for Shaw. Regarding Ewing, is really weird that no team has ever given him a shot yet

And you SVG homers are a special breed of sheer imbecility. See, I can name call too.

Yes, anyone who can appreciate the work that Stan has done for this team as its head coach is clearly a fool. You got me there. I must be a Stan homer.

:svgsad:

• Upvote 5

And you SVG homers are a special breed of sheer imbecility. See, I can name call too.

What exactly is a SVG homer? Like people who live in his neighborhood or something.

On a serious note, why is it so easy to continually forgive Dwight for missing more free throws than he makes, but Stan playing Duhon warrants firing. At what point does a coaches benefits outweigh his faults, if not with Stan. Stan can put together a pretty darn good defense, and when there was less drama and turnover in the lineups, he was doing a good job with the offense. The defense he put together was amazing, considering that never have more than two starters for this team been good defenders.

So who else could do with this lineup better than what he's done and is doing? Not a guess, give me some evidence that the person is at least a good coach.

• Upvote 1

You have to remember that its not like our team is really superb or anything. We dont have Kevin Durant and Westbrook kinda duo in here. We have one really good player and couple role players. I wouldn't say OKC that good coached. Look what happened last year when Durant went cold? You could say Phil Jackson is good coach. Even though Phil had Kobe. Kobe went cold against Boston but the team still managed to win.

I would rather watch Dwight go. Stan can get everything out of the team without superstars but Dwight cant get everything out of himself without another superstar.

Are you a real person?

• Upvote 1

Yes, anyone who can appreciate the work that Stan has done for this team as its head coach is clearly a fool. You got me there. I must be a Stan homer.

:svgsad:

You are a true SVG fan,Dwight is the reason SVG has had success as a coach,we will see how good a coach SVG is next year when he is coaching a new team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You are a true SVG fan,Dwight is the reason SVG has had success as a coach,we will see how good a coach SVG is next year when he is coaching a new team.

You mean like the time he had success with a completely different team?? Cause, that already happened. Maybe one of you geniuses can show me an example of a coach who has won a ton of games without great/good players. I mean I guess you could point to Doc who won multiple titles here and his first few years in Boston with sub-standard playe.. oh, that didn't happen. Wait, what about the time Phil Jackson won all those titles without Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen or Shaq and Kobe, or Kobe and Pau...oh, I guess that didn't happen either. How can this be? I mean you clearly said that Stan is not a good coach because he could not have had success without Dwight.

• Upvote 1

You mean like the time he had success with a completely different team?? Cause, that already happened. Maybe one of you geniuses can show me an example of a coach who has won a ton of games without great/good players. I mean I guess you could point to Doc who won multiple titles here and his first few years in Boston with sub-standard playe.. oh, that didn't happen. Wait, what about the time Phil Jackson won all those titles without Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen or Shaq and Kobe, or Kobe and Pau...oh, I guess that didn't happen either. How can this be? I mean you clearly said that Stan is not a good coach because he could not have had success without Dwight.

Oh you mad too. :svgsad:

If stan ever put dudu in the court, he should just get fired. If he doesn't, he shall be spared.

If Phil Jackson ever comes back to coach, he should try the magic. If not, Bryan Shaw, who has experience in winning championships with the Lakers.

You have to remember that its not like our team is really superb or anything. We dont have Kevin Durant and Westbrook kinda duo in here. We have one really good player and couple role players. I wouldn't say OKC that good coached. Look what happened last year when Durant went cold? You could say Phil Jackson is good coach. Even though Phil had Kobe. Kobe went cold against Boston but the team still managed to win.

I would rather watch Dwight go. Stan can get everything out of the team without superstars but Dwight cant get everything out of himself without another superstar.

you have got to be kidding? Phil Jackson is the OG of all Coaches, he got 11 rings to back the facts up. He knows how to handle star players like MJ, Kobe, Pippen, Rodman, and Shaq. I bet he would definitely help dwight by any means.

Stan was great in 2009 but it's quite obvious that since then, being as nutty as he is, he has become more and more delusional with each passing year on the Magic. Maybe all the cumulative drama between him and dwight over the years finally got to him. Reinserting Duhon in the lineup was both diagnostic and confirmatory for this diagnosis.