Franchero MVP

Van Gundy - voted least popular coach in NBA

We almost won the *****ing game!! Wtf are you guys complaining about?!?! Hes the coach and gave us a chance to win its on the players to perform. Ish wouldnt of won the game for us!!

I like Stan and think he is a great coach. However, I am getting real tired of him sticking with a struggling player, be it Duhon, JRich Turk or all three, instead of trying someone else. For this game, it came down to 2 thing IMO: FT's and Duhon. With the exception on the last game where the Duhon led Magic actually managed to take a lead, when he comes in, the lead goes bye bye. Its not that Ish would have won the game, but he would have contributed some good or bad. Duhon did basically nothing, but look lost, which is better than he normally plays. Same goes for Turk and JRich, if they are not playing well for whatever reason, insert one of the young guys. This has been going on all season, thats 62 games and Duhon has maybe had 2 good games.

All that said, if they would have made 4 more FT's the game goes into OT. Basically the players did not perform and Stan did not adapt.

And you can only get ready through playing time.

No.... You get ready through practice and hard work outside of games, which is exactly what JJ did

We're talking about a guy who flew all the way to France for two days just to have a talk with one of his players about how he's doing/their plans for next year. . . during his vacation.

We're talking about a guy who flew all the way to France for two days just to have a talk with one of his players about how he's doing/their plans for next year. . . during his vacation.

lol dont come here with positive things when he is playing duhon! But since we are going to get "players coach" I guess we could welcome Mike D'antoni to the team. I heard he got pretty good score on some random poll.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've been trying to tell you guys Stans not as liked in or out that lockerroom like some of y'all thought he was. Good X and O coach but players grow tired of his personality and his whining. 1st Miami, then Orlando, next: ??

Wade loved him. The person on the Heat that had a problem with him was Shaq. How dare Stan want his center to NOT be 60 pounds overweight? The nerve of some people.

And like LOD said, since we don't know how this poll was conducted, the only thing it's really good for is conversation. There's nothing scientific about it.

If every poll I seen was the face of truth..... then half the Presidents we had in the past would not have been those positions.

As well, Jesus would the President of the US...... Alah would be the King in the middle east.... and Buddha would be chilling in Asia.

Also, Smoking would be classified as being as natural and safe as breathing fresh air.

Wade loved him. The person on the Heat that had a problem with him was Shaq. How dare Stan want his center to NOT be 60 pounds overweight? The nerve of some people.

And like LOD said, since we don't know how this poll was conducted, the only thing it's really good for is conversation. There's nothing scientific about it.

Exactly. Wade loved him. The only guys who hate Stan are guys who think they should shrink their offense down to "give me the ball". Stan wants to move the ball and have guys create off of pick and rolls. I think that is why he came out and outed Dwight. He wants out, because he feels like if Dwight stays he'll get stuck doing post and repost 85% of the games. If he leaves, the Clippers should pick him up. They would win a REALLY good shot at a championship then. Paul is the kind of guy who doesn't care who takes shots, so long as they're good shots. That is Stan's mindset.

This is the only reason I can see that he keeps putting Duhon in the games. Duhon doesn't take a lot of bad shots. Unfortunately, that's just because it's hard to shoot with your back to the basket 45 feet from the rim. I am on board with the thinking that Duhon must have inflammatory pictures of Stan or something (not nudes; Stan wouldn't care). It doesn't make sense otherwise that a guy who has shown repeatedly to be a good coach would keep giving this guy minutes. Or it's just that Ish looks like garbage in practice and doesn't listen, or something like that (not saying this is the case; I don't know how Ish is outside of the couple of games he's been in for Orlando).

Also an important fact to point out...... according to the poll, 134 players responded.... not sure how they made sure it was an actual NBA player, i mean did they go to each one?

But, there are 32 teams with about 15 players I believe..... that is a total of 480 players..... but only 134 responded.... that is a 27% response rate.

Personally I make better decisions when I know more than 80% of what im deciding on..... only knowing 27% doesnt give me enough to really make a reasonable decision.

Or we can say it like this, if you had a male friend and he boasts that he is the ultimate player... but only scores 27% of the time, does that make him the ultimate player?...... No

So if 27% of the NBA say that they dont like SVG, then what does that really matter when the 73% of the majority doesnt say either way?

"It Doesn't"

Also an important fact to point out...... according to the poll, 134 players responded.... not sure how they made sure it was an actual NBA player, i mean did they go to each one?

But, there are 32 teams with about 15 players I believe..... that is a total of 480 players..... but only 134 responded.... that is a 27% response rate.

Personally I make better decisions when I know more than 80% of what im deciding on..... only knowing 27% doesnt give me enough to really make a reasonable decision.

Or we can say it like this, if you had a male friend and he boasts that he is the ultimate player... but only scores 27% of the time, does that make him the ultimate player?...... No

So if 27% of the NBA say that they dont like SVG, then what does that really matter when the 73% of the majority doesnt say either way?

"It Doesn't"

You are dismissing the fact that 80% of the fans here dont want Stan. So why would players feel any different? And we got our inside man YaBoyR telling how it really is in the locker room. He cant lie cant he?

You are dismissing the fact that 80% of the fans here dont want Stan. So why would players feel any different? And we got our inside man YaBoyR telling how it really is in the locker room. He cant lie cant he?

Not really, because then there would of been a fan poll and not a player poll........

And to be honest, I would not trust 99.9% of the fans when it comes to NBA decisions..... "We" including myself, have no idea of what it takes on the back end to get things done, we only see the end product.

The players would feel differently because they see differently.... they are living it where we are only watching and reading about it.

It would be the same as believing everything you hear on the radio and TV, unless you are there living it, breathing it, then you really dont understand.

Real life example:

Got into a conversation with someone and my military background was brought up. The following question was, "Did you go to Iraq and ect?". And I responded "No", I did not go over there. That person immediately said "Man I bet your glad you didnt have to go". And I said "well it doesnt work like that, because I had my brothers there, fighting, digging in. I saw them on TV, a few of the Marines I trained and I felt like crap, because I should be there as well. If they had been hurt or killed...... I really wouldnt know how to handle it. So, no I wasnt happy to be in the US while my guys are a bullet or IED away from death"

The guy looked at me in shock, because he couldnt understand it... and why would he.... he has never went through the training, the team building, the bonding of brothers through the thick and thin.....

Thats the difference between Fans and Players.