Sign in to follow this  
Gmartt

Official GAMETHREAD: ORL VS BOS

I'm tired of seeing Stan praised as a coach.

We lose our leading scorer and our offense goes up 6 points per game? That makes a hell of a lot of sense. Why does that happen? Because when Dwight comes back, we run that stupid ass post up and stand offense. If Stan was really as great a coach as some on this board seems to think, if Dwight comes back for the playoffs, we'll keep running this same tempo and PNR offense like we did for Dwight's first 4 or so years. But we won't, we'll go back to the same crap.

I am not tired of seeing Stan praised as a coach. Stan has the very difficult job of massaging Dwight's ego. I hear the stuff Stan says when he's mic'd up and Dwight is in the game, and he's telling the guys to move the ball, run the pick and roll, and get the ball down to Dwight. Getting the ball to Dwight is not a bad idea. The problem is that Dwight is supposedly a leader on this team, and he calls for the ball and cries like a baby when they don't get it to him every play. Why do you think Dwight hates Stan so much. If Stan were calling for the stagnant offense they play by handing him the ball over and over, Dwight would love him. I am hoping that Orlando pulls off a miraculous win streak and then win a playoff series if nothing but to either humble Dwight or get Orlando to choose Stan over Dwight. Call me crazy, but if I had to choose between firing Stan and trading Dwight, I would trade Dwight.

Duhon is awful. Don't get me wrong. He sucks hard. He is the opposite of the Dos Equis guy. Mosquitoes bit him above all else (mostly cause they get a buzz off the alcohol content in his blood). But Stan playing him is not a deal-breaker for me. That is the one major problem I see with him this season. (that and I selfishly want my boy JHarp to get more minutes; especially now, when they're short-handed)

The team actually takes it to the hoop with D12 out....hmm

Jameer has been doing 75% of the penetrating...so nothing has really changed in that department.