Sign in to follow this  
Hanaway

The Avengers - Now!

Only to be beaten in about 2 months when Dark Knight Rises comes out.

Yeah, that is going to happen. I can't wait for that freaking movie.

Only to be beaten in about 2 months when Dark Knight Rises comes out.

Yep. I don't even go to movies and I'm going to that.

Is Dark Knight Rises going to be in 3D? Because if not, there's no way it tops 160 million, let alone 207.

I'd be surprised if it did anyways, if only because I expect it to be noticeably longer than Avengers was, which will mean it can show fewer times per screen, and they can only put it on so many screens.

That's especially true since some other major films, like the Spider-man reboot, will still likely be doing solid business at that point. All Avengers had to compete with was Think Like A Man, which made 8m.

Does anyone really think that The Amazing Spider-man will only be making 8m in its 3rd week of release? Because that would shock the hell out of me.

Anyone else hear about Ryan Reynolds taking over the Batman role after the Dark Knight Rises?

Please no. He actually makes an alright Hal Jordan, it was more the fault of horrible writing that GL failed.

Is Dark Knight Rises going to be in 3D? Because if not, there's no way it tops 160 million, let alone 207.

I'd be surprised if it did anyways, if only because I expect it to be noticeably longer than Avengers was, which will mean it can show fewer times per screen, and they can only put it on so many screens.

That's especially true since some other major films, like the Spider-man reboot, will still likely be doing solid business at that point. All Avengers had to compete with was Think Like A Man, which made 8m.

Does anyone really think that The Amazing Spider-man will only be making 8m in its 3rd week of release? Because that would shock the hell out of me.

It might be against less stellar competition I just think the hype train behind this movie will lead it to shatter every record. Especially after the numbers TDK put up.

Please no. He actually makes an alright Hal Jordan, it was more the fault of horrible writing that GL failed.

Christopher Nolan has always said that The Dark Knight Rises would be the last film in his Batman trilogy, but that doesn’t mean that Warner Bros. wants to stop producing adventures for the caped crusader. The franchise is a surefire box office hit and it wouldn’t make sense for the studio to just drop it after The Dark Knight Rises. They already lost Harry Potter and I’m sure that they’re not eager to lose another huge franchise.

Today, the studio announced that they plan on giving Batman a reboot once Christopher Nolan steps away from the franchise. Being a reboot, none of the original cast will be returning which means that the studio needs to find a new actor to play the caped crusader. Following in the footsteps of Christian Bale is a daunting task for just about anyone but Warner Bros. seems to think that Ryan Reynolds is the man for the job.

Yes, you read that right. Once Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale depart from the Batman universe, Warner Bros. will reboot it with Ryan Reynolds in the lead role. The studio recently worked with him on Green Lantern and though the film flopped, it wasn’t Reynolds’ fault. He showed us that he could craft an effective superhero and Warner Bros. obviously enjoyed his performance. Much of the film’s faults stemmed from the writing and directing, not from Reynolds’ performance.

“We’ve begged Chris [Nolan] to stay on board but he refuses. He feels that he can’t do anything more with the series after this third film. We don’t want to let Batman die though, we know there are tons of fans out there that will want more and that’s why we’re looking into a reboot,” says Barry Meyer, CEO of Warner Bros.

“We loved the work that Ryan did for us on Green Lantern and we feel that he’s the right man to lead the Batman franchise. He’s an extremely talented individual and we hope that fans will embrace him as the new Batman,” continued Meyer.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ryan-reynolds-batman-dark-knight-rises/

Anyone else hear about Ryan Reynolds taking over the Batman role after the Dark Knight Rises?

I think this is the last one. They said series conclusion when they showed the add in the movies.

I think this is the last one. They said series conclusion when they showed the add in the movies.

Read the article in the link I posted above. TDR will be Nolan's last one, but Warner Bros. wants to keep on with the series. I think it's a disaster waiting to happen, but oh well.