Sign in to follow this  
Hanaway

The Avengers - Now!

I don't buy the Reynolds news.

But good gravy. That'd be terrible.

I always wanted a reboot of the series after Nolan leaves to be directed by and starring Clint Eastwood as an old Batman looking to pass the mantle on ala Batman Beyond. I think he'd make a great old grumpy Bruce Wayne. But you HAVE to have him in the suit for the first 45 minutes or so of the film.

Also, when is Reynolds going to NOT play a comic character? Hannibal, sorta Deadpool, Green Lantern, and now maybe Bats? Wasn't he rumored for Flash at one point to? I'm shocked Michael Cera was able to beat him out for the Scott Pilgrim role. :svgsad:

But yeah, if Nolan leaves, let's do old Bats/Batman Beyond.

I always wanted a reboot of the series after Nolan leaves to be directed by and starring Clint Eastwood as an old Batman looking to pass the mantle on ala Batman Beyond. I think he'd make a great old grumpy Bruce Wayne. But you HAVE to have him in the suit for the first 45 minutes or so of the film.

Also, when is Reynolds going to NOT play a comic character? Hannibal, sorta Deadpool, Green Lantern, and now maybe Bats? Wasn't he rumored for Flash at one point to? I'm shocked Michael Cera was able to beat him out for the Scott Pilgrim role. :svgsad:

Not a bad idea, Eastwood as an aged Batman, but maybe as a film adaptation of Miller's "Batman: The Dark Night Returns".

Googling all these "Ryan Reynolds" and "Dark Knight" together and instead found this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/batman-gay-grant-morrison-superhero-comics_n_1456878.html#s515732&title=Alicia_Keys_

DC Writer says Batman is Gay

April 26, 2012

dark-knight-rises-movie-Bat-Bane-Showdown-550x382.jpg

Is Batman, one of the world's most iconic superheroes really a gay man?

DC Comics and Batman writer Grant Morrison, who is best known for revamping DC Comics' family of Batman titles, spoke at length about comic superheroes in an interview with Playboy magazine, confirming maybe those Batman and Robin rumors aren't so far-fetched after all, because the title character is "very gay" says Morrison.

"There’s an aspirational quality to him—he’s an outlaw and he can buy anything. He’s a rich man who beats up poor people. It’s quite a bizarre mission to go out at night dressed as a bat and punch the hell out of junkies. And then he goes home and lives in this mansion. He has a new Batmobile every movie. He’s very plutonian in the sense that he’s wealthy and also in the sense that he’s sexually deviant."

"Gayness is built into Batman. I’m not using gay in the pejorative sense, but Batman is very, very gay. There’s just no denying it. Obviously as a fictional character he’s intended to be heterosexual, but the basis of the whole concept is utterly gay. I think that’s why people like it. All these women fancy him and they all wear fetish clothes and jump around rooftops to get to him. He doesn’t care—he’s more interested in hanging out with the old guy and the kid.”

Morrison added that this was part of the appeal: "I think that's why people like it."

Batman’s next big screen outing The Dark Knight Rises is released this summer.

Clint Eastwood is 81 years old.

Why don't we get Woody Allen to play Robin while we're at it.

:svgsad:

No one wants Holy Geriatrics, Batman!

edit: and i know what you're advocating, but Clint Eastwood putting on a bat suit at this point of his life is just cruel.

I agree Berto. The aging Batman idea is a good one but surely we can find another actor to play the character other than Eastwood.

The Avengers is expected to cross the 1 billion mark this weekend, and they're projecting it at being over 350m domestic by then as well. It's broken almost every conceivable record so far.

Incredible.

Would love your Batman Beyond idea, but who do you get to play Terry McGinnis? If no suitable actor is mention I will happily volunteer. You don't even need to pay me. I would be honored. (Seriously, Batman Beyond was awesome). Although I would say Eastwood is a bit too old, maybe someone more in the realm of Tommy Lee Jones or something.

As for Reynolds, he was fair as Hannibal, the 10 minutes of Deadpool in the opening of Wolverine was the only good thing in that whole damn movie, and like I said earlier, I think he made a good Hal Jordan, but terrible writing sunk Green Lantern. Of all those though I think he would fit the Flash better then any character. Him playing Wally West or Bart Allen would be a great fit.

Googling all these "Ryan Reynolds" and "Dark Knight" together and instead found this article:

http://www.huffingto...le=Alicia_Keys_

DC Writer says Batman is Gay

April 26, 2012

Funny that is coming from Grant Morrison of all people, who has been the guy who essentially has turned the Batman comics around in the last 5 years with his run on Batman Incorporated. And his new run with Night of the Owls has been one of the best parts of DC's new 52.

The Avengers is expected to cross the 1 billion mark this weekend, and they're projecting it at being over 350m domestic by then as well. It's broken almost every conceivable record so far.

Incredible.

Simply insane. And the guys at DC thought Joss couldn't handle a big movie so they never went on with his Wonder Woman script and plans. Not very smart.

Through just 10 days, The Avengers is now the 18th highest grossing film of all time in North America.

Edit: Also, as of today The Avengers is the 12th film in history to gross a billion dollars worldwide.

Also, it broke the 2nd weekend record in America by roughly 38 million dollars, becoming the first movie ever to gross over 100 million in its second weekend. It completely annihilated the first 10 days in release record by almost 60 million.

We're getting dangerously close to having to switch to an Avengers ticket based economy.

Incredible.

I'm pretty surprised by this. I don't see why it's anything special seeing as there have been so many other comic book movies lately.

I'm pretty surprised by this. I don't see why it's anything special seeing as there have been so many other comic book movies lately.

The hype train has done a lot for it. Letting fans actually know it was coming 4 years ago and giving hints and teases either at the end or during the main Marvel studios Movies got everyone really worked up about it. Each individual film actually being, in most peoples opinions, good (or in the case of the Ironman movies, incredible) helped as well. Other things helped even more. Joss Whedon being selected as the director brought in the Whedonites, who may be the most rabid fanbase for a director out there and brought another audience in that originally might not have had as much of an interest in it.

And finish that all up with the movie's critical success. It's rare an action movie gets such good reviews unless it has Lord of the Rings in the name. Ironman and The Dark Knight were big time irregularities when it came to comic book movies and the critics perception of them. The Avengers got just as good ratings as any action movie ever has from the critics. Once it got out, word of mouth took it from there.

Well, I just saw it. Cool action movie.

The generic legion of evil minions was rather disappointing. The best scenes were probably the fights between the heroes. Those were cool.

Not a great movie, but a really cool action thingy.

I never really was all that interested in the characters or the story. It just didn't seem to grab me and make me care about what was going on.

Preview for Spider-Man looked bad.